We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rodeway Inn and Universal Studios Questions

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
west orange
3 posts
Save Topic
Rodeway Inn and Universal Studios Questions

Im staying at the Rodeway Inn on International Drive from Jan 23-27. Here's some of my questions:

Is the Rodeway Inn walking distance to Universal? I know its a mile and a mile is an easy walk for me but will we have to walk over I-4 and other main roads/highways to make the walk tough?

How is the Rodeway Inn? I was looking at reviews of all of the budget hotels near Universal and the Rodeway seemed like it got the best reviews, anyone ever stay there?

What kind of crowds can I expect? Obviously going the last week of January wont be crowded but can I expect to not wait in lines for the major rides?

Thanks

west orange
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rodeway Inn and Universal Studios Questions

bump

Harrogate, UK
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rodeway Inn and Universal Studios Questions

I think you should be able to walk there quite easily. We didn't stay at the Rodeway, but we were at the Clarion which I think is a similar distance. We could see the Rodeway when we waled up to Universal. It is an easy, pleasant walk with a flyover over the I4. The only problem is a large crossroad just before you reach Universal. You just have to learn the sequence of the traffic lights and run!! Walk into the bus/car drop off point and up the escalators and you are a almost in City Walk. Took us abour 15-20 mins to there.

I gather crowd levels will be low apart from weekends. Just get up and be there at opening, you can do loads in a couple of hours.

Can't help you on the hotel, but it does seem to be good value.

plymouth uk
Level Contributor
84 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rodeway Inn and Universal Studios Questions

Hi we've stayed at the rodeway inn international twice now and highly reccommend it you can walk to universal from there it takes about 20/30 mins there is one main road to cross then walkway all the way but the hotel does provide a shuttle there and a taxi is $6 make sure you book rodeway international and not rodeway carrier though!! our travel agent booked the wrong one and the rodeway carrier is awful couldnt get out of there quick enough

have a great time