We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when is peak season?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Amherstburg
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
when is peak season?

We have booked for April 25/06-May 1/06. I have heard that this time becomes "regular season" ... when is it actually considered "peak season" at Disneyworld? We were advised to wait until the week after Easter to book as the crowds tend to thin out. Anyone able to offer information on that? THANKS!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when is peak season?

From what I have read, the "seasons" for 2006 are as follows:

Value

1/1-2/15

7/5-10/4

11/26-12/19

Regular

4/23-7/4

10/5-11/25

Peak

2/16-4/22

Holiday

12/20 - 12/31

You will notice that Peak coincides with spring break and Easter, and of course, Holiday coincides with Christmas. Crowds do typically start to go down a lot starting the weekend following Easter until about the first or second week of June, when most of the kids are out of school for the summer. The least crowded times are typically during value season, although I was there during the beginning of December last year, and the crowds were more like regular season than value season.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when is peak season?

Hello Hammers House,

The third week of March through the third week of April is considered "Most Crowded" time to visit.

The Last week of April through May is considered "Average Attendance" and should'nt be as crowded.

Amherstburg
Level Contributor
70 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: when is peak season?

We booked this time because we wanted warmer weather to enjoy the waterparks and because they figured MOST of the crowds from Easter would be thinning out by then. Easter is 8 days before we arrive, so I hope that we are hitting a decent time frame, although from what I have read before, sometimes you just NEVER KNOW! Thanks for the insight, our entire family has never been to Disney and are looking forward to it immensely!

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: when is peak season?

Don't sweat it Hammers House. Like you said, "You never know". As thousands and thousands of people try to do the same thing as others and go during what should be the least crowded times, then those traditionally least crowded times become more and more crowded. Disney is a great place despit the crowds and you won't be disappointed. Just get to the parks early, use FastPass wisely, hit the really popular rides like Soarin, Test Track and Mission Space as soon as you can in the morning, try to go to the other popular rides during the peak eating times, etc. you will have a great time.