We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pointe Centre

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Topic
Pointe Centre

We were on International drive at the beginning of January and were surprised to see bulldozers knocking down the Pointe Centre, just interested to know what will be there in the future.

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pointe Centre

The area is being redeveloped with only some of the existing buildings due to remain along with the mercado new hotels and shops leisure are due to be constructed over the next few years. can't imagine what it must be like now last November it was like a ghost town

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
601 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pointe Centre

From what i've heard they are building some new restaurants.Hope they do it soon because it looks a mess :)

england
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pointe Centre

is this pointe orlando or something else?

liverpool
Level Contributor
912 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pointe Centre

Sam,

yes it is ponte orlando.

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pointe Centre

I haven't been by there for a while, but I read they were tearing down part of the strip that was out along I-Drive to create an entrance with more of a "focal point". There's supposed to be a plaza with benches and landscaping. They were also going to be remodeling the FAO Schwarz building for restaurant use. I don't know if they were tearing it down and rebuilding, or just redoing the space inside the old building. The sketches they did show in the newspaper made it look good when it's done.

london
Level Contributor
711 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pointe Centre

hi tenbyman,

i was there over xmas and new year, pointe orlando is being knocked down and it is supposed to open later on this year with new shops and resturants, places to sit as well from the pictures that they have on show what it will look like i must admit it will look rather nice. i am not sur about marcado it was nearly empty maybe they are going to knock it down and build a hotel there. i still say that they should tidy up i-drive from sand lake upto beltz because it does look a bit tacky compared to the top end.

thanks pam.

scotland
Level Contributor
304 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Pointe Centre

can anyone tell me when pointe orlando is opening back up as we were over in september and i got a few nice things from there,they were just staring to refurbish it,we are going back to that end of i drive this september and was wondering if it,ll be open

england
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pointe Centre

is it still knocked down?? is the cinema still there.. a few shops..? i booked my hotel because it was nearby so i thought when we all get bored we could go over there..great..i'll just sit on the bricks and sing myself a song!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
412 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pointe Centre

Hello all,

just to let you know the cinema is staying all they are doing there is relocating the pay kiosk up the stairs. Where fao schwarz,s was it has been demolished and three main stream resteraunts are being built with a large patio area similar to the mercado outside them to sit and enjoy a drink.

cheers

haggis

england
Level Contributor
44 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pointe Centre

thanks Haggis, you've made me happy!!