We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non Disney attractions for a 4 year old and fruit orchard

Regina, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Non Disney attractions for a 4 year old and fruit orchard

We are going to Orlando for 2 weeks and have Disney planned out. I was wondering if anyone knew of other non disney attractions for a young child. We would also like to visit an orchard are there any close to the Kissimmee area that anyone knows of?

Thank you for your help!

pa
Level Contributor
54,817 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Non Disney attractions for a 4 year old and fruit orchard

Welcome to the Forum

check out

www.showcaseofcitrus.com/home/

A nice day can be spent at Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground, lots of Fun Free things to do for little ones

http://allears.net/acc/faq_fw.htm

Edited: 9:17 am, November 18, 2010
Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Non Disney attractions for a 4 year old and fruit orchard

Green Meadows Petting Farm was always a favorite of our family, it is a great hands on farm. Everyone can milk a cow, go for a hay ride or pony ride and the best treat is chasing those chickens!! You will definately have a fun afternoon. Don't forget the camera!!

www.greenmeadowsfarm.com

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
23,024 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Non Disney attractions for a 4 year old and fruit orchard

Our kids always loved SeaWorld-as great as Disney can be,Sea World is far better laid out and the shows are exceptional.

england
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non Disney attractions for a 4 year old and fruit orchard

I Have done both showcase of citrus and Green meadows petting zoo, they are both great for children of all ages.

Showcase of citrus was great fun, the kids can ride around in radio flyer carts and pick the oranges. There are little animals there and a small park. You do have to watch the wasps but great fun I think we paid around $10 for a bag of oranges and they were really yummy. We spent about two hours there.

Green meadows petting zoo, we spent around half a day there, its great fun, you go round in a group with a tour guide who tells you about the animals. You get to have a pony ride, milk cows, feed goats, catch chickens, ride a haycart and a train. There are also old tractors to climb on and a park for the kids in a very shady area. You can leave the tour group at anytime to have a rest, picnic, play in the park and just join the next group to come around. You can hire radio flyer carts here too to pull the kids around in.

Would also recommend golf. there are lots of mini golf courses around that are great fun

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Non Disney attractions for a 4 year old and fruit orchard

SeaWorld is great, I think most children love animals and fish/dolphins are always popular!

And again mini golf is fab there.

If he enjoys water then the waterparks are fab! And aquatica has two of the best childrens areas I have seen!

6. Re: Non Disney attractions for a 4 year old and fruit orchard

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 18, 2011