We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

International Drive Hotel for Adult Couple

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
greenwich
Level Contributor
57 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
International Drive Hotel for Adult Couple

Rescheduled Mardi Gras trip to Orlando in late February with no kids and looking for a hotel on I-Drive near Pointe Orlando with outdoor tiki type bar. Going to Universal Citywalk and do not want to go to downtown Disney as went a few months ago. Want a hotel within walking distance to bars and restaurants as not renting car and like nightlife for couple hopefully that allows cigar smoking.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: International Drive Hotel for Adult Couple

I recommend the Universal Hardrock Hotel!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: International Drive Hotel for Adult Couple

I would second the choice to stay on property at Universal. Go to Universal's website and check out all three resorts before you make your choice. Although the Hard Rock is the closest to CityWalk and the parks, you may prefer the Royal Pacific, since you mentioned a tiki bar atmosphere. There are bars and restaurants on Kirkman Road, which you can either walk or taxi to from Universal property.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: International Drive Hotel for Adult Couple

No smoking is allowed in public places. See

winespectator.com/Cigar/…00.html

From what I've read, Orlando is not a cigar place.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
93 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: International Drive Hotel for Adult Couple

Smoking is unhealthy

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: International Drive Hotel for Adult Couple

There's a cigar place on West Sand Lake Rd, just west of I-4 and I-Drive, in the Dr. Phillips area and in the middle of "Restaurant Row", somewhere near the Publix. The name escapes me.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: International Drive Hotel for Adult Couple

BTW, if you do stay at an I-Drive hotel (the Peabody and Rosen Plaza are both close to Pointe Orlando), if the place doesn't have a tiki bar, there's a Bahama Breeze on I-Drive which does have a tiki area.

Pradancer, not sure, but I hear that LA smog is unhealthy.