We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening entertainment ( I Drive )

coventry, england
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Evening entertainment ( I Drive )

Hi All

We are spending a week in Orlando in Febuary on International drive. We have already sorted which parks we are going to in the day time, but we are struggling for ideas for evening entertainment. I have a 9yr old so this may restrict us. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards

Sherky

Domain of...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening entertainment ( I Drive )

See the following web site:

www.internationaldriveorlando.com

If you're spending all your days in theme parks, you might just be too tired for other evening entertainment.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening entertainment ( I Drive )

This may not go down too well BUT here goes. We were so tired that we just hung around our complex after we had done the parks. One of the best things we did was to take our Blockbuster card with us and then hired out some films some of which had hardly reached the UK cinemas. We had a DVD player in the unit but you can hire them cheap for the time you need from Blockbuster. They accepted our UK Blockbuster card without a problem.

Obviously you don't want to spend all your time watching vids while on an expensive holiday but it is a quiet alternative after the queues and pressures of the hectic day in the parks.

Ask the kids what they think - ours thought it was better than shopping and strolling down IDrive for no particular purpose.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening entertainment ( I Drive )

There is tons of dinner theater around (with themes like pirates, gangsters, Arabian night etc.)none very exciting and all serving mediocre food so my advice would to skip them entirely.

On the other end you should not miss La Nouba the Cirque du Soleil show at Disney's Westside. It is expensive, better figure it out in your budget even if you have to skip something else or eat on the cheap to be able to afford it and make reservations in advance. You will certainly love it and your 9 year old kid will be mesmerized even if it doesn't feel like any usual circus that he might have seen. There is usually two shows per night and you can plan your entire evening around it in the Westside. Either have dinner there before the late show or after the early one , you can also wander around and may be stop at House of Blues, Bongo's or other club/restaurants.

I really suggest that you do that after a very light day, either one when you take a break from the parks and relax or rise late and spend only the afternoon in a park so that you are not totally spent when you go for the show.

I agree with the others that usually a whole day in the park will be enough and you will be tired so much that you will just want to go back to your hotel. Although remember that in low season EPCOT is the park that stays open late (9 p.m.) and that they cap everyday with the Illumination show over the lagoon. So it is worthwhile to stay until the end to see it. There is even some restaurants that afford views of the show (France, Japan, Great Britain). Make a reservation in advance for the latest time slot that they will accept and request a table with a view of Illuminations; that way you will be able to linger at your table, even after the show is finished and avoid the stampede to the exits that follows.

You could also choose to eat somewhere else earlier and try to fine a good viewing spot at least half an hour before it starts.

Have fun!

florida
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening entertainment ( I Drive )

Mini-golf is always a hit with our kids (and adults as well) and there are several good ones on International Drive. Pirates Cove (I think it's called) is the best from our opinion). There is also an indoor "glow in the dark" course at the far end of International Drive in the new shopping mall which is fun (also has Ron Jons surf shop there). The Mercado has live music nightly for free in the courtyard area and you can browse the shops or eat there as well. As previous posters said, nothing too strenuous after a full day at the parks if you want to survive the vacation.

coventry, england
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening entertainment ( I Drive )

Thanks Guys

we are only doing 3 parks including the late one at epcot, so we will have plenty of energy left for some of the suggestions you have come up with, for the days we are not at the parks.

Cheers

Sherky