We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location of Villas - Help!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
125 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Location of Villas - Help!

Hi all you locals and experts.

Can any of you help me, I have narrowed my search down to 4 villas, they are all in different developments - namely Linfields, Florida Pines, Four Corners and Orange Tree. Can amyone recommend any of these developments over the others for me? The villas all offer the same amenities, so I guess its down to location - which would anyone suggest for handiness to shops and restaurants etc. Could I walk to any restaurants from these villas (we will have a car, but it would be nice to leave it behind the odd evening and relax with some nice wine!)

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Barney

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location of Villas - Help!

Lindfield is the closest to Disney on 192 (about 3 1/2 miles). The other 3 are out on 27 15+ minute drive to disney.

Lindfield was one of the first houseing area and has some of the older houses, this is not to say the rentals are not nice. The other 3 will have newer houses as they are newer areas.

Lindfield is at the far western end of 192 and about a mile past from where most of the shops and restaurants are and I don't believe there is anything nearby with-in walking distance that you can get to.

I don't get out on 27 that much so I can't tell you what may or maynot be near the other 3 locations.

My pick would be Lindfield just because its the closest.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Location of Villas - Help!

Using the Villa Locator function (upper left) you'll be able to find most developmentd. A few that have changed name or are still only mid-way in construction.

http://www.kissimmee-us192.com/index.html

Lindfields is out west 192 toward 27 and about 10 minutes to Disney. It is beyond Formosa Gardens Blvd and away from most restaurants. You can go to a detail map for Linfields. It is a very large group of houses and the description above is accurate. Lindfields is one of the older developments, so upkeep on the houses is rather uneven. Don't expect a new inside.

Use Rt 27 North and 27 South to find the other developments.

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Location of Villas - Help!

Florida Pnes and Four Corners are on south 27 Ornage tree is on the north .On the 27 you have the Walmart which OT will be closer to Florida Oines and Four Corners are close to a pubklix supermarket and a few take away chinese .Justa short drive south onthe 27 you will find more places to eat Cracker Barrell ,Beef o Brady's and a super frech place in Championsgate.

Lindfields is the oldest community but that is not to say the homes are all bad but the trouble is they have no HOA so some owners -mainkly residents - have let their homes go a bit .

It si habdy for the 192 and all the eating places there but then the others are only a short drive too -so basically you pays your money -you takes your choice.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Location of Villas - Help!

We stayed in a Linfields condo two years ago, i have to say that i did write the holiday company a stinking letter on our return. We had complained to the local office while we were there about several things. Firstly the state of the carpets, especially the living room/dining area[i have photo's]we had two grandchildren with us and i would not let them sit on the floor[ages then7&4] i could not make up my mind what some of the stains were , apart from the old, sticky / dried bits of food we found stuck to the carpet i was convinced that the dark stains looked like dried blood, there was no way those kids were going near.The cooker was temperamental, most of the time i could only get one ring to work, then all would work, did a repair man come out? no. I was really cross the day we had some time on the site. We had decided to have a few drinks and a picnic on the balcony, i had just finished putting food and drinks out when i heard my grandson screaming from the balcony, he had been stung by a hornet, he had gone to look over the balcony rail and when i had alook there was a nest on the edge underneath the rail. My husband then had to driv e along to publix [ you are not in safe walking distance of anything ]He took my grandson to the pharmacy there who suggested two different types of cream for the sting and the bit of swelling that had appeared[ i did have anti histamine tabs with me just in case ] his arm was not too bad the day after just a bit uncomfortable but we had a fair old dance if a fly came anywhere near him. I was on to the local office again the same day but nobody appeared for two days to deal with the nest-not good enough. When home i wrote to the travel company and the local office from where we picked up the keys but neither had the good grace to reply. So no good report from there from me i'm afraid, i also have to say that when we went to the pool on our site there was us four and a family of five only, and the pool was Very crowded.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
704 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Location of Villas - Help!

If this helps - the description of Lindfields is accurate. The 192 for all it is geographically closer to Disney, there are so many hotels and devlopments along ter the congestion is a total pain, particularly at busy times which is most of the day. It can take up to an hour to get to Lindfields when the parks come out at night.

The others are souless estates on the US 27. Unmanned gated entrances with houses around 'conservation areas' that are little more than water retention lakes. I have always thought of them as Stepford estates.

Why not try for a resort area like Bahama Bay/Winward bay or one of the golf commuities - Highlands Reserne Southern Dunes - these are about 20 mins from Disney and have some character.

Walking is not an option at any of the villa communities as people do not walk in America. Murder for us celts who like a drink.

Best bet if you choose anywher on the US 27 is to 'phone for a carry out meal - you can get a great steak meal in Haines City take it back to your villa and enjoy it by the pool. Try villagolfdisney.

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Location of Villas - Help!

Gordon...I'm not a fan of Lindfield but if it takes me a hour to get to Lindfield when the park closes how do you figure that I would get to Bahama Bay faster.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,336 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Location of Villas - Help!

Look on www.thedibb.com they have a map that shows the location of most condo resorts close to disney. Might help you decide.

Good luck.

Newtownabbey...
Level Contributor
249 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Location of Villas - Help!

Thanks everyone for the comments, we've gone and booked the Lindfields villa, which from all the photo's etc looks good (they all did really, but it seems Lindfields is more 'in the thick of things'. We are only staying at the villa five nights after visiting Clearwater - we are spreading ourselves about a bit, first five nights in a hotel in Orlando, 4 at Clearwater (Marriott Suites) and then the last 5 in the villa, so plenty of variety!

Again, thanks for all the advice, this is a great site!