We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crown Currency Action Group

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedfordshire England
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Crown Currency Action Group

I know we have had a number of discussions about Crown before they went bust, but if any of you here have lost any money in the crash and don't know, there is now an action group trying to get the money back. The url is : http://cceag.freeforums.org/index.php and here is loads of information about the whole sorry story, plus some useful advice about who and who not to trust with your hard earned cash if you want to change it to dollars.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,246 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

Ther is a site at facebook and they have hired a lawyer. Perhaps it is better to all band together rather than start individual groups.

Otherwise, you won't get back even the 10p in the pound spoken of, as the lawyers will have it all.

Lincs
Level Contributor
339 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

It is the same action Group - Action Against Crown Currency. They are hoping all of the facebook group will sign up for the Action Group via a website they now have up and running.

Bedfordshire England
Level Contributor
174 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

Thanks NanaMooner. Yes it is the same group. The problem was that some people who had been affected were unhappy at using Facebook, so the organisers set up the web site to collect everyone on a more general platform.

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

I posted this a while ago. All facebook groups have been referred to the site. They are a very organized and professional group. They have the ear of the administrators of CCE and a lawyer that is taking them through step by step.

We have all been encouraged to write to our MPs and an Association is being set up with a £10 fee in order to get some legality to the group.

One of the people is working tirelessly seining emails out at 3 in the morning for this and they have got a lot of media response.

One of them has lost 30k in this so they are working very hard to get our money back.

Please join the group and the forum if you have lost money. The more we are the stronger we are.

Diana

Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

Bump

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

There was a short piece on The One Show tonight.

I didn't lose any money, but hope and pray you all get something back! If I can do anything to help I will! Not sure what I could do but the offer is there!

Seahouses, United...
Level Contributor
1,360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

Bump

UK
Level Contributor
865 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

bump

9. Re: Crown Currency Action Group

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2011