We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

Hello Everyone,

First of all can I just say tripadvisor is the best travel website going, and has really helped with all of my questions in the past, so thanks all of you who have helped me!

My girlfriend and I have been to Florida a number of times, and this year want to try something different out. We have been looking at the Disney Cruises and are interested in the 3 Day Bahamas Cruise during our disneyworld stay.

My first question is will there be too many kids on the Cruise for two 23 year olds? We are travelling in mid september so I'm hoping there will be fewer due to school!

Second of all, We're planning on staying in the Disney area, and I'm hopefully going to get a car and drive to Universal during our stay. In people's opinion, are the Disney hotels worth the extra price?

Also looking for an opinion on what order to do the cruise and stay in? We could do it pre or post disney world, or do seven(ish) days either side?

Does anyone know whether Disney would offer a discount if we booked the cruise, stay and park tickets from them?

Sorry for all the questions and any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Tom

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
455 posts
546 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

We have done the Disney Cruise and Orlando too. Might I suggest 4-7 nights instead. You will find the ship so amazing that 3 nights is not sufficient. There is so much to do and see, and you will want to relax. If at all possible exchange some of your Orlando nights for "at sea" nights you won't be sorry. We have always done 7 night cruises and those are even too short.

I know you didn't specifically ask for this advice, but I saw an opportunity forgive me if you aren't interested.

And yes, you can buy a package of the land and sea together, I don't know about the discounts though.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
171 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

Hi, Thanks for the response!

We have been looking at spending two weeks in Florida, and we abosultely love the parks, so I don't know how much the cruise could live up to the expectations!

Have been doing some calculations, and it looks like booking all parts of the holiday independently works out cheaper than booking them together, but still incredibly pricey! I've found the worst thing to be the hotels, which are working out at £175 per night each! My big question is are the Disney Hotels really worth the extra charge?

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
427 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

Is the disney hotels worth the cost is a very individual question. However, they are not worth the cost for us. We have never spent more than $100 a night for a room in Orlando and always had at least a suite so one of the kids needs a nap we have a place to put them. By eating and staying off property we spend about 1/2 what we would other wise spend and then can return sooner.

Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
17,529 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

I would suggest a non disney cruise for 23 year olds. Especially since you're probably going to disney anyway. My nephew and his wife and toddler and MIL went on the disney cruise, he wasn't crazy about it. Thought it was a little boring. There will still be plenty of kids on it even in September.

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

Here are the current Cruise Discounts

wdwinfo.com/discounts/discounts-cruise.htm

Here are the current Disney Resort discounts

www.wdwinfo.com/discounts.html

Everyone I know has enjoyed the Disney Cruises, Disney does it quite well, plenty of space for growns up to enjoy without the kids

I highly recomd staying at a Disney Resort. The Free Transportation, extra Magic Hours etc are well worth the price. Easy enough to get transport to Universal for a day as well, really don't "have to" get a car. There is a ticket and transportation option that works very nice dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/Universal/index.htm

You can get a free quote from www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com I use and highly recomend them. They will deal directly with Disney for you. They are an Offical Disney Travel Agent

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

I would think that on a Disney cruise there would be too many kids for you - you may want to try www.cruisecritic.com to help find the right cruise for you. It's a sister site to tripadvisor and has lots of great info.

I agree with the previous poster (even though there are others who have an opposite opinion) - I have never stayed onsite because I can't justify the expense - even with all the extra "Disney" perks. I have an Annual Pass so I don't pay for parking - we usually rent a villa (even if it's just my husband and myself) because we like the privacy of having our own pool in the backyard. Or I stay at a local hotel which offers included breakfasts and a microwave/fridge to help me keep costs down.

I do LOVE Disney though! Even when you don't stay onsite Disney is a great place to be - the magic is there once you get on Disney site. Have fun planning.

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

Hi

We have just come back from a Cruise and Stay and booked through www.cruise1st.co.uk, they are based in Manchester and have bargain prices. We spent 4 nights Orlando, 7 night Carribbean cruise and then 3 nights Orlando. The cost was £600 each which included flights from Heathrow and car hire. Orlando was room only (not Disney resort) and cruise was with NCL full board. If you wanted longer in Orlando they could add more days for you too. We had a brilliant time and the cruise didn't have many children onboard and there was lots to do for adults.

Have fun wherever you decide to go.

Tracy

8. Re: Orlando Stay and Cruise vacation September 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, April 22, 2011