We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Mulhouse, France
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Topic
Lunch with an astronaut at KSC

Starting to prepare our next trip in April....

We are going to visit the Kennedy Space Center and I saw on their website that you can have lunch with an astronaut. Has anyone done this before ? Is it worth it ? Our kids do not understand english very well yet. Will they enjoy this experience anyway ?? How big is the group having lunch with the astronaut?

Thank you for your insights.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch with an astronaut at KSC

I found the whole thing a crushing bore. If you are American or German I am sure it is all wonderful, but I thought it was overhyped with very little real content. For example we queued for hours to get in the Shuttle - for what looked like the inside of a big shed.

Your vacation time is valuable find some fun activity in Florida - anything is better than that.

Lunch with an astronaut ooooh no thankyou!!

Mulhouse, France
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch with an astronaut at KSC

Hello Vegasdebut !

I had the same feeling when I first visited it about 10 years ago. So nothing much has changed. I guess we will skip it and do something else. We will be arriving around noon time in Orlando. What park or activity can be done in 1/2 day ? Can we buy 1/2 day tickets ?

Thanks.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch with an astronaut at KSC

I am not sure if WetnWild still do the half day ticket from afternoon until later but that would be a good start if you can stay awake.