We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

Scotland
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

going to florida soon and wondered if anyone could recommend the best chinese/viatnamese/cantonese restuarants.

Went to the Ming Inn? or Ming Palace? last time and was not impressed. Think there is one not far from wet and wild that is supposed to be good but can't remember the name.

Any recommendations/help would be great! Thanks in advance.

Seito Sushi
$$ - $$$, Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Hawkers Asian Street Fare
$$ - $$$, Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Zeta Asia
$$ - $$$, Bar, Asian, Japanese
Domain of...
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

Think you are referring to Bill Wong's Buffet located just west of Kirkman on the south side of I-Drive. The best Vietnamese restaurants are on E. Colonial Drive just west of Mills Ave. in the east part of Orlando - some 12 miles or so from the I-Drive area.

Avoid the Crazy Buffet in Altamonte Springs on SR 436 (Semoran Blvd) - way overpriced and it has been frequently cited by the Health Dept according to the Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Crazy Buffet
Crazy Buffet
85 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Altamonte Springs
Altamonte Springs
Central Florida, FL
Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

There is a new chain restaurant in town called Mama Fu's that is very reasonable and I think very good. I particularly like their General Fu, which is like a General Tso Chicken, with brocolli and carrots, but you can get it with beef, chicken, shrimp, or tofu. The one I went to was near Mall at Millenia. They cook the food fresh and they do Chinese, Thai, and I believe Vietnamese style dishes. They have a website where you can get an idea of the menu choices. The best way to tell a good Asian restaurant in Orlando, is to look for a busy parking lot. Asian restaurants are very popular here, but there are a lot of bad ones too. There is also an Asian Fusion restaurant called Roy's on Sand Lake Road west of I-4 that is good, but pricey.

Mentioned in this post
The Mall at Millenia
The Mall at Millenia
2,078 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Roy's
Roy's
1,104 Reviews
Orlando, FL
ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

Dont go to Bill Wong's Buffet. It is rubbish.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

Kim Wu is a good upscale Chinese place north of Universal on Kirkman Rd (in the shopping center with the Chick-Fil-A). You didn't mention Japanese, but Aki Restaurant at Universal and Carrier Rds(behind Westgate Palace in the strip mall with Sleuths and Flippers Pizza; it is labeled outside as "Japan Food") is good. Eastern Pearl in Altamonte Springs across from Altamonte Mall has been twice voted Best In Orlando by the Orlando Sentinel food critic.

Incidentally, LDV knows better than me about Crazy Buffet's health department issues, but my wife likes their sushi+ lunch buffet ($10.95).

Mentioned in this post
Kim Wu Chinese Restaurant
Kim Wu Chinese Restaurant
239 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Chick-fil-A
Chick-fil-A
282 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Westgate Palace Resort
Westgate Palace Resort
1,692 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Altamonte Springs
Altamonte Springs
Central Florida, FL
Altamonte Mall
Altamonte Mall
227 Reviews
Altamonte Springs, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

The Ming Court on I -Drive is lovely I hope it's not that one you refer to, it's in the Pointe Orlando area.

There used to be a good chinese buffet restaurant in the Mercado, don't know if it is still there.

Haven't seen that many Thai - would like to find a good one as only 17 more sleeps til we go.

Mentioned in this post
Pointe Orlando
Pointe Orlando
676 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Scotland
Level Contributor
124 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

Prefer upscale rather than buffet and not so keen on japanese.

Thank you for all your help. Will follow up on a couple of the restaurant you mention.

Burnaby, BC CANADA
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

ha ha ha...need to forward this to my hubby. When we were in California in Oct, he was craving for asian food. we looked a few up in the phone book, but he was disappointed each time. Guess it doesn't help that we're from Vancouver, Canada where there's a huge asian population and we're spoiled with good food for good prices!

Hopefully the places recommended (sorry didn't have too much time to read) are not westernized asian places serving items like egg-foo young, etc (honestly, don't even know what that is!) =)

Mentioned in this post
California Grill
California Grill
3,194 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Burnaby, BC CANADA
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

OOPS forgot to mention that we'll be in Miami for one night, then we're off to Orlando area. recommendations in those areas would be great....or at least point us in the right neighborhood to visit for the asian restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Level Contributor
11,355 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

You must try this place it is simply the best.

Bayridge Sushi - Japanese sushi with an ayce offering - located in Longwood north of Orlando - Nothing short of outstanding!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Liverpool, England
Destination Expert
for St. Pete Beach
Level Contributor
2,190 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Asian Food in Florida - which restaurant is the best?

China Grill in Miami is very good, wide choice, lovely food.

Mentioned in this post