We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ESTA warning

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
ESTA warning

ESTA WARNING

As of September 8th 2010 a charge was introduced for all ESTA applications.

This charge is $14. The only official site for ESTA applications is as follows;

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov

Any other sites will all cost you a lot more.

When applying you will need your passport and a credit card. The only cards accepted are, Mastercard, Visa, American Express and Discovery.

Your Esta will be valid for two years and does not need updating with flight or accommodation details. Applications should be made no later than 72 hours prior to you date of travel.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ESTA warning

thanks for that, did get a letter from my travel agent about that. I have filled in the details for the people I can at the moment - got approved online, do you know if I need to print anything out or do they send me something or is doing it on line enough ??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
50 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ESTA warning

hi , we printed ours off as a friend says they check sometimes , and they double check at airport , we always take every piece of docs to usa as they WILL just turn you around ..................... have a nice holiday

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ESTA warning

As soon as they swipe your passport they see if you have ESTA or not, so no need to take copy. Then again if it makes you feel better, why not.