We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arriving jan 2 can anyone give us advise

granville, new york
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Topic
arriving jan 2 can anyone give us advise

I arrive with my 18 year old daughter we are staying at the pop century hotel and have 4 full days and full nights have been there before but it was a long time ago. does anyone know what the crowds are like during our stay. and is our hotel quiet. thanks for any help you give us.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arriving jan 2 can anyone give us advise

Hello catz,

The first week of January can still have the lingering crowds from the Christmas rush. Many of the children do not go back to school until the 4th this year so you may still run into some lines especially for the popular newer attractions such as Soarin, so be sure to utilize your fast pass options for these rides. It shouldn't be as crowded as Christmas week though as many people fly out on the 1st. Have a wonderful vacation!

granville, new york
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: arriving jan 2 can anyone give us advise

Thanks healin the last time i went was 1998 in july and that was a big mistake. hours in lines and we had 4 days and didn;t see a whole lot also had children this time adults only. anything on pop century which area should i ask for 50, 60's etc

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: arriving jan 2 can anyone give us advise

healin1 addressed the crowds questions, so I will address the resort questions.

Many families stay at the Pop Century so you can imagine that it will not be as quiet as some of the others. If you are looking for quiet there you will not want to get a room in the 60's section as it is the closest to the main pool. With the warm weather that is being forecasted, there is sure to be a lot of action at the pool area. I recommend the 50's or 70's sections. They are the next sections away from the main pool, but still not that far from the main building and bus pick-up area.

The resort is really cute, and I think you will enjoy it.