We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

venezuela
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Help me please!

it is my first time in Orlando. we are a couple and 2 child (8-10 years old), we arrive on 29/12/2005 until the 8/1/2006.

Whats the best way to plan my trip?

Where to be in the 31/12/2005 23:59? new year

It's preferable to wait with the parks untill the people pressure go's down? after the 3/132006?

Thank's Marcelo

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from $128.99*
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from $168.99*
The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Park attendence does drop off after Jan 1, but if you want to eat out on Dec 31, make reservations NOW. Restaurants fill up fast.

For seeing in the new year - I'd have to say being inside Disney is a treat - but crowded. Here's an event list that you should continue to check for updates

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/nyeve.htm

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Park attendence does drop off after Jan 1, but if you want to eat out on Dec 31, make reservations NOW. Restaurants fill up fast.

For seeing in the new year - I'd have to say being inside Disney is a treat - but crowded. Here's an event list that you should continue to check for updates

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/nyeve.htm

Guelph, ON
Level Contributor
320 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Where are you staying? If onsite, do you have the dining plan?

venezuela
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

we stay in Int. Drive Motel, and did not make any dinning plan because my childs are chips and chicken nugetts eaters.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Hello Bonnie,

It's almost always necessary to make advance dining reservations for the sit down table restaurants in the parks. Especially the restaurants that offer character meals! There is also counter service in which you do not reservations.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Bonnie,

I apologize, I believe I read your question incorrectly.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Are you planning on going to Universal Parks/Sea World/Disney Parks or All? That will help us better make suggestions on where and what to do when.

venezuela
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

we like to see "all obligation" sites, it's our first time and i dont know when and if we will be back.

The real problem is that i am not unlimited money, we try to plan the best way to enjoy and fill up our days there.

Marcelo

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Since you want to visit all parks you will be very busy during your stay. All of the parks are going to be crowded that time of year, but I think Disney parks will be more so. I suggest that you start off your visit by going to Universal Studios, Universal Islands of Adventure, and SeaWorld. I would save the 4 Disney parks until after Jan. 2nd since you will be there until the 8th.

If you order Universal tickets online you can get two-day, two-park tickets with some additional add-on options for a discounted price for ordering in advance. Here is the URL:

…universalstudios.com/orlando/website/ticket…

SeaWorld would probably be the least crowded park for New Year's Eve visit. They are having additional shows, music and midnight fireworks to bring in the New Year. You can save 10% on their tickets by purchasing online 7 days in advance, so you should hurry if you want to take advantage of this. Here is the URL:

seaworld.com/seaworld/fla/international_visi…

You won't find many (if any) discounts on Disney tickets, but you can get Magic Your Way 4 day tickets to all 4 Disney parks for about $700 for all of you. Here is the URL:

…go.com/wdw/tickets/ticketsLandingPage…

Hope this information helps, and I hope you and your family have a great trip to bring in the New Year.

Guelph, ON
Level Contributor
320 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help me! arrive on 29/12/2005

Will you rent a car? I'm assuming you will be...

A few suggestions to try and make your dining affordable...

When you eat at Disney counter service restaurants such as Pecos Bills at Magic Kingdom, you can order a double cheeseburger and ask to buy an extra bun. They usually charge $.75 for it. You can split up the double cheeseburger and the restaurant has a wonderful 'fixings' bar (fried onions, mushrooms, etc.) and you can build 2 great burgers for the price of one! You can do this at most Disney counter service places.

Try to get to an offsite store such as Walmart to pick up bottled water and snacks. Orlando's water isn't very tasty, and you pay alot for water inside any of the parks. Bring along a backpack to the parks and have your water and any other snacks with you.

When the parks are so busy, it's critical to get there as early as possible. Try 30 minutes before park opening. It will make your park experience so much nicer!

I don't know how much pre-planning you have done, but it's important to try and learn as much as you can prior to getting there. It can be very overwhelming! I would suggest checking out www.disboards.com where there are lots of forums with information on all the Orlando parks.

Take the time to learn about the Disney fastpass system. It will save you time especially when the parks are busy.