We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks to all the TAs - Just back and all your input really...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
156 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks to all the TAs - Just back and all your input really...

We had a great time despite cold wet weather and a child getting sick! Thanks to all for helping me get organized so we could make the most of a very short trip.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks to all the TAs - Just back and all your input really...

Hello caseys,

It's good to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear you had cold wet weather and a sick child. That's a bummer. How did you like the Beach Club Villas and the location? Did you stick to your itinerary? Did you run into crowds or did you end up allright?

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
156 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks to all the TAs - Just back and all your input really...

Hi Healin1:

Due to my youngest child getting sick, we did have to make some changes to my planned itinerary and we did not get to see everything we planned. However, we did get to see a lot of what we wanted. We were prepared to be flexible and just do what we felt up to, so I think that helped. One note is that we did not end up park hopping at all. We hit the parks early and were pretty wiped out by mid-afternoon!

Crowd level was manageable. Again, my plan of hitting the parks early was key. As the day progressed, the parks got steadily more crowded. Believe it or not, we didn't use one fast pass, because we got in all the popular stuff right when we got to the park. As we were leaving we saw waits around an hour. Transportation also took longer as the day progressed.

I hate to tell you this, because I know you are staying at the BC villas for your vaca., but we ended up switching rooms after our first night. (I hope you have better luck!)We had a studio villa and had the boys (10 and 7) sleep on the pull out. They found it very uncomfortable and got no sleep. I was able to get a regular room at the Beach Club for the rest of our stay which was a big improvement. It was bigger, cleaner and the boys got a real bed. Our view was an ugly roof, but we were pleasantly surprized when at night we were able to see Epcot and MK fireworks (although somewhat obstructed) which was fun. Both rooms were very quiet, which we like. We didn't get to use the pool because most afternoons were either cold or rainy or both. But it looks beautiful!

Overall, we really liked the Beach Club and loved the fact that we could walk along the Boardwalk at night to get dinner and not have to eat just at our hotel. I would definately stay there again, but would probably would avoid the villas.

I hope you have a great trip. All the parks are in full swing for Christmas and they are just beautiful!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks to all the TAs - Just back and all your input really...

I agree that a studio at the Villas is not appropriate for more than two people. I hate to see anyone spending a vacation on a sofa bed. But I do find I like having the microwave/kitchenette area so I can do my own breakfast. The only way to get beds for more than two people in the Villas is to go up to a two bedroom unit. The one bedroom has a king in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room (although you do get a full kitchen and a washer/dryer, which is nice).

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
156 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks to all the TAs - Just back and all your input really...

Hi fla4fun!

I agree with you about having the microwave etc. and our strategy was to scarf down breakfast in the room and get to the parks early. However, we functioned quite well in the regular Beach Club room as that had a refrigerator as well and we used hot water from the coffee maker to make oatmeal in the morning. We got coffee and juice in our refillable mugs and some muffins from the Marketplace and we were all set. The only thing we couldn't do was make our microwave popcorn, but as I had packed a full suitcase with snacks, no one missed it.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks to all the TAs - Just back and all your input really...

Good to hear from you caseys!

We usually stay in a standard room but we booked the one bedroom this time which is about 700 square feet the studio's are only about 355 square feet so were hoping the one bedroom will be better even though the boys are still going to have to sleep on the pull out. Maybe I'll request a rollaway also as it doesn't sound too comfortable. It's good to hear you didn't have to use your fast pass! And yes I agree park hopping is not for us either. One day one park is enough. It is a shame the weather didn't cooperate for the pool and I'm sorry to hear that.

Thanks again for your reply and I'll post my review when I return after the 27th so check back if you get a chance!