We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Sunspree Timeshare Presentation

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland
Level Contributor
18 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Sunspree Timeshare Presentation

My husband just told me that he booked a reservation at the Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort in Orlando. He said he got a good rate ($50+/night) - we just have to sit through a timeshare presentation.

Based on some other reviews, this rate seems to be available through other sites like Priceline without the timeshare presentation. Just curious if anyone on this board has personally experienced the timeshare at this resort. We really have no interest in timeshares, so I'm thinking it might be worth cancelling and reserving a different hotel, even if it is a bit more money.

The hotel reviews I've seen lately on this property are less than glowing, so I'm really hesitant about our stay. We also have 2 young boys who will be with us - will they be expected to sit through the presentation it with us?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,975 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Timeshare Presentation

Most time share presentations are VERY high pressure and last much longer than the promised 90 minutes. I wouldn't do it.

When is your trip? You can sometimes get very good deals in Orlando without the hassle of a sales pitch.

Jennifer

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,785 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Timeshare Presentation

I would try and find an equivalent deal elsewhere for the same hotel or one with better reviews. Wasting good vacation time (and it will be alt least half a day) like that is really a bad idea.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Timeshare Presentation

To most the time you spend in Orlando costs you a great deal and is more precious then sat listening to a time share lecture for half a day and spoiling it.. Even more so if your are not interested in buying.

I would not waste my time doing this. I would ring the hotel and ask if your stay is the same price without doing the time share . I would tell them before they answered that if it wasn't you will be canceling the booking . And making a booking somewhere else.

Give them the opportunity of making the decision. If they say no there are hundreds of other hotels to pick from.

4. Re: Holiday Inn Sunspree Timeshare Presentation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:06 am, December 15, 2010