We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best villa areas near Disney

Halifax, West...
Level Contributor
489 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Best villa areas near Disney

We're looking to rent a villa. It needs to be 5 bedroom and close to Disney, but not neccessarily on Disney property if they work out a lot more expensive. When searching for properties I find great villas but not sure how close they are to Disney. Which are the nearest, good areas/resorts?

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best villa areas near Disney

I wouldnt consider taking a villa or an hotel on highway 27 if it were free. Its far to far out. but there ar a lot out there, even as far down as Haines City. And are advertised as 15-20 from Disney, ( this is calculated in "flying time")

Northeast PA
Level Contributor
3,113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best villa areas near Disney

deeay..not to nick pick, :) but I think Indians Wells is the closest to Disney.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best villa areas near Disney

As far as whether Windsor Hills is the "closest resort" to Disney, Windsor Hills says it is 2 miles from Disney. That is what my estimate would be for Indian Wells, though I read one ad for a rental house there that said it was 4 miles away. As far as the resort part, calling Indian Wells a resort is probably a stretch; it does have some common areas, but nothing more than what you'd expect in a small residential neighborhood; certainly nothing like Windsor Hills. Maybe its the closest neighborhood (if its closer) with SFR for rent to Disney. But as far as this thread is concerned, I seriously doubt there is anything as big as a 5 bedroom for rent in Indian Wells.

Level Contributor
896 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best villa areas near Disney

The 27 is a lovely place to stay I agree that there are places on the south that are a distance but in general they are all withn the magic 20 mins distance -some closer.People are quick to knock the 27 -some without staying there - yet you can still be in your car and away quicker than people waiting for transport to go to Disney property.There are some communities on the 27 that are closer than those on Ponciana It takes 15 mins to drive to the some of them from the 192 but people hardly knock that area -I wonder why?

The 27 is a great place to stay close enough to the action but away from the bright lights and noise of the 192 I love it but each to their own .

orlando
11 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Best villa areas near Disney

HI

There are a lot of larger villas near to WDW (15 - 20 mins away) 15 min drive. I have used a company before called Welcome USA. They offer 3 - 7 bedroom homes in some very nice developments, all with private pools. You should look at the website and then give them a call as they only book via travel agents on the site but will sell you the villa direct.

The website is www.welcomeusa.com and tel 407 351 2537. They will email you pics and address etc. I have booked for the last 3 years with them and always been happy.

Hope this help