We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Formosa Gardens

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Formosa Gardens

Hi there !

Recently Booked a 7 bedroom villa in Formosa Gardens for June of next year. There is only 5 of us, but we were looking for a spacious home so opted for a larger villa.

We usually live on Disney property (Wilderness Lodge mainly) but had tried a Lindfied home which we enjoyed a few years ago.

Has anyone been ? and can offer an opinion on the Formosa gardens area ? Seems very difficult to find information on the estate.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Formosa Gardens

Hi. We stayed at Windsor Palms resort which is, I believe part of the Formosa Gardens. Very easy to get to Disney, about 15 mins door to door via the 192. Lots of places to eat along the 192 also. Definately need a car to get about. Do you know which part of Formosa Gardens you are staying on.

I also know there has been building work for the new toll road but I am sure one of the local experts can update you on the current situation.

We go to Florida in two weeks time so I will post more on my return.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Formosa Gardens

Thanks that would be great !

The villa is within Formosa Gardens Estates on Sea Pearl Cicrle.

London, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Formosa Gardens

Like ukrose I have also stayed at Windsor Palms - great. As far as I remember Formosa is closer to the 192 than Windsor Palms and shouldn't be affected much by the road construction. As also said, lots of restaurants etc on 192 - TGIF, Cracker Barrel, Outback & Red Lobster very close to name a few. Sure you'll have great time.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Formosa Gardens

I rented in Formosa Gardens a number of times. Last March I had Lakeside Haven from Blue Ribbon Villas. It's a quiet, well maintained group of mostly larger, more upscale homes. The pools usually start at 30' and go up from there. Some of the homes are very upscale inside and all I've been in have been at least 4* quality. The living space is smaller than in a regular home so there can be more bed and bath rooms for the sq ft. Almost all convert the garage to a game room.

At the corner of 192 and Formosa Gardens Blvd is an Outback Steakhouse(very busy) and a supermarket (overpriced, but very easy), but I go to the one further down 192 toward 27 and shop there. There are other shops and services in the same mall and a lrage drugstore directly across 192. You're away from tacky part of 192, but you're also away from places like Kmart and Walmart.

It's an easy drive to Disney and there is a back way in that allows you avoid the traffic on 192 if you'd like. Takes me about 10 minutes to MGM and 20 to DTD. Hope this helps.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Formosa Gardens

Fantastic thanks ... very helpful advice.

Tourma...:is the shortcut road : Funie Steed Rd - I found this yesterday which seems quite handy? thanks in advance !

orlando-maps.info/top_down_maps/formosa_gdns…

London, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Formosa Gardens

Hi - if you get back onto the 192 & head East - after a short distance turn left at lights into "Sherberth Road" - an excellent shortcut!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Formosa Gardens

When I was there in March, I seem to recall and earthen berm blocking Funnie Steed Rd to Old lake Wilson Rd. Take a left out of Formosa and then a left onto Livingston and a Left onto Old Lake Wilson. The map you found is excellent. I like that website. It does cut off a bunch of traffic.

jonstanford named Sherberth Rd. is the one I was thinking of. To find a map, go to Yahoo.com and enter "192 west kissimmee FL Map" Click on the Yahoo map and keep hitting the W arrow untill the map scolls past the Disney entrance ramps and you can seeFormosa Gardens and Old Lake Wilson on the same map. You will see Sherberth Rd to the North of 192 and the roads that connect to it via Black Lake Rd. You can also use Entry Point Blvd and go across 192. If you continue to scroll using the N arrow, you will see where this road merges with the Disney roads.

The website is too long for me to post. Sorry.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Formosa Gardens

Very handy again guys thanks.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Formosa Gardens

Anyone else who has stayed in the estate? all info welcome/experiances !?

Thanks

Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Formosa Gardens

I have rented six homes in Formosa Gardens, four have been on Sea Pearl Circle. I would not rent anywhere else. I have rented homes in other communities in the area as well...none compare to Formosa for sheer class and size. All the other communities have the homes to close together, so much so you can listen to your neighbours conversation. The homes ranged from 4 to 5 star quality. Of the six two were exceptional. What is the name of the villa you are staying in?