We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

Merrillville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

What is disney like the week of thee 18-23 I am not sure what to expect weather wise or crowds I know that I am going to enjoy myself according to trip advisor reviews. However I have 2 daughter 14, 16 and I am trying to plan a happy time! This is there Christmas present.

Also do you know if they will need ID'S if they have Visa Gift Cards for purchasing items in the park?

Florida
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

Plan on WDW being very very busy with crowds and long ride wait times building the closer you get to the 25th - from the 25th on, it will likely be a madhouse.

No one knows what this year's weather is going to b like, however, you can look up the past hoistory for Orlando weather at the Weather Undergound web site:

www.wunderground.com

ID's??? It's a good Iidea they carry IDs anyway regardless of using the gift cards.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

Crowds will be bad so make use of the Fastpass system for sure. The weather is very unpredictable. Dress in layers so you can always take some off and put some back on as needed throughout the warm ups and cool downs of the day. Not sure about the ID's for youths as far as purchases go. Wouldn't hurt to have some form of picture ID though just in case. Better safe than sorry!

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

If there are any attractions that are an absolute "must see" try to do them as early in the trip as possible, since the crowds will only get worse as the week goes on. I spent a three day weekend at Disney over Christmas a few years before Fastpass was in place, and I didn't get into a single attraction the entire weekend!

Merrillville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

I truly appreciate all of thee advice given and I look forward to many more replies.

Everything I am learning through Trip Advisor has been very good advice for me in preparing for my trip to Florida.

Do any of you know anything about Sheraton Vistana Villages on Intl. Drive.

again thank you for your reply!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

Hello cpeace,

The good news is your last day is the day when the holiday crowds are offcially in full swing. It will still be crowded but not as bad as the 23rd - 1st. And yes definitely utilize your fast pass option and make your dining reservations for table restaurants including character meals now!! We will be arriving on the 19th, we love Disney at Christmas!

Have a wonderful trip!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

And to answer your weather question, December can be unpredictable. Generally the temps are in the mid 70's with night time temps in the 50's so be sure to bring long pants and sweatshirts for the evening!

Missouri City, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

We visited WDW last Christmas...of course weather is unpredictable but we had no rain and we are from Alaska and could sit in the sun as much as we liked. The lines went rather fast and used the fast pass as much as possible for the events. We loved in the evening strolling at Downtown Disney which can be done without paying for parking or an entry fee. Eating at the House of Blues was excellent and the recordstore there amazing...also at Downtown Disney your kids will love to eat at the Planet Hollywood. House of Blues also has concerts you can attend...so check them out on-line my son had a great time. Can't remember about needing any ID's. Driving in Orlando I thought was nasty...and I tried to make sure I knew my route before I left. Great malls the Florida Mall and another one. Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
House of Blues
House of Blues
953 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Planet Hollywood
Planet Hollywood
4,447 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
The Florida Mall
The Florida Mall
3,084 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the Weather like in Decmber and the crowds

I have been to Orlando several times in December and the weather has sometimes been warm and sometimes been chilly so pack trousers and sweatshirts just in case.

The parks will be busier towards the end of the week. Try and get to the parks just before opening as you will see so much then while lots of people are still in bed. Avoid Disney parks on the days that have early entry for Disney hotel guests (these days will be much much busier) and use Fastpass, if you do nothing else use Fastpass!

I stayed at Sheraton Vistana Villages 3 years ago and it is really lovely. We had a 2 bedroom unit and it was beautiful, you have made an excellent choice. Location is good at the southern end of I drive, fairly close to Seaworld. There is a Publix supermarket about a 5 minute drive away. It took us about 15 minutes to drive to Disney and about 20 minutes to Universal.

Have a great trip!!!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,480 Reviews
Orlando, FL