We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal studios with a toddler or maybe not

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stevensville...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Universal studios with a toddler or maybe not

Hi,

We are going to Florida Dec 2nd - Dec.9th. We are doing the Disney parks. My 10 year is going to Universal with my parents for the day and we are wondering if we should go along with my 4 year old too. My husband and I can take him to sea world for free(military gets a free day) while my parents take my oldest to universal. I feel bad splitting us up. But I don't know if Universal has anything to make my 4 year old happy.

Any input would be great.

Exeter, England
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal studios with a toddler or maybe not

The four year old will be entertained at Universal but will have a better time at Sea World. Both your children and all the adults will love Sea World so I'd recommend ALL of you go there one day.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal studios with a toddler or maybe not

Took my 3 yo there in June and he had a good time. There isn't a whole lot for them to do, but there is plenty to look at to keep them occupied. Personally, I would go and have fun together then go together to Sea World.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal studios with a toddler or maybe not

My 5 year old son loves Universal. We took him the first time at two because of his love for super heroes. If your son is at least 42" or more, there are several rides he'll be able to go on. Here's the site that shows the height restrictions:

…universalstudios.com/orlando/…height

This time around my son really enjoyed the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure and the MIB ride at Universal Studios.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal studios with a toddler or maybe not

Hello hopelesslu,

Between the two I would go with SeaWorld for your 4 year old. They would enjoy petting the sting rays in the sting ray pool and feeding the dolphins. Don't miss the Shamu show!

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal studios with a toddler or maybe not

Agree completely, We went twice to seaworld as there are a lot of shows to watch as well which makes the day more relaxing. As well as Shamu, your 4 year old would probably enjoy the sealion show and pets ahoy.

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
44 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal studios with a toddler or maybe not

Hi - we have taken our kids 3 and 6 to both Seaworld and Universal studios. It really depends on what they like. My daughter who was 3 wasn't into petting the sting rays but liked looking at all of the fish. But at Universal Islands of Adventure, there is the Dr. Seuss part of the park - so she got to meet Cat in the Hat! There is also a Cat in the Hat ride, which my 6 year old son loved also - we must have went on it 10 times. There is a one fish, two fish, red fish, A really cool merry-go-round a one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish ride that squirts water, fun - and at universal there are a lot of interactive play areas for kids, climbing areas etc. Also if your son likes dinosaurs there is Jurassic Park "land" where you get to see dinosaur eggs being hatched, my son thought that was cool. I guess both parks are great - it's kinda' more what you think your kids would enjoy! Have fun!!:>)