We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants on International Drive

UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurants on International Drive

Can anyone recommend any good restaurants on international drive? We're staying at the Quality Inn Plaza.

Is it necessary to make reservations?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
Icon Orlando, Madame Tussauds, and...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Crystal River Snorkeling, Everglades...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

We stayed at the QIP last year and from there we walked to Bahama Breeze, Cafe TuTuTango and TGIF. We really enjoyed Bahama Breeze (yummy and reasonably priced drinks!) and TuTu Tango. TGIF was a TGIF.

Jennifer

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

Across International Drive from the QIP is Pointe Orlando, there are many restaurants in this complex from steak (Capital Grille), Jazz (BB King's Blue's Club), Spanish (Cuba Libra) Greek (Taverna Opa), Italian (Maggiano's Little Ital) and several others. Also within walking distance is Ming Court, Red Lobster, McDonald's, IHOP, Houlihan's and Sizzler.

Reservations are always a good way to go, especially if you are travelling at a very busy time.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

We've also eaten at Tony Roma and Capital Grille. Hubby thought the ribs at Tony Roma were pretty tasty. My chicken was just okay. Our steaks at CG were nice but we were there during a dining promotion when the restaurants were offering $30 specials. It's a bit $$$ otherwise.

BB Kings shows up on restaurant.com. If you have their discount code it seems like it would be a great value. We've never tried it though.

Another place that we've never tried but want to is Ale House. Excellent beer prices and the place was always packed when we walked by.

J

Jennifer

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

I would recommend Olive garden and Carrabas always had a great meal there same goes with Bahama Breeze very nice restaurant. I went to Ming Court a few years ago and that was not too bad. Another vote for TGIF. We went to Charleys last year the steaks are great but it can be a little expensive but they are now on Restaurant.com which is great.

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

Hi

we stayed there last year. Sizzlers, next door is great for breakfast.

They also do great steaks for dinner, with a good salad bar. Not fancy, but good fresh food.

There is loads of choice within a five minute walk.

Remember to use coupons for discounts, everyone does.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

Carrabba's is certainly worth a go, but I don't remember one on I-Drive. The ones I remember are on or by Kirkman across from Universal and on Vineland Ave in the Lake Buena Vista area by the Marriott village.

England
Level Contributor
1,678 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

Oops my bad. Yeah Eddie you are right the one I went to was on Vineland a few years back. I don't now why I thought it was on International Drive.lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

We were staying at the QIP earlier this month and thought we would treat ourselves to something other than the usual buffet fare. It was a mistake going to Ming Court. As well as encountering a bit of 'attitude' upon arrival we, and similar to other diners sitting nearby, were given tepid food - with shrimps undercooked - and chicken of very poor quality.

We had better experiences at the Olive Garden and Sizzlers.

Orlando
Level Contributor
11,599 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

Unless it is a very busy time of year or a Saturday night, you won't need a reservation at most restaurants. There are any number of restaurants in that area. If you get sick of all of them (highly unlikely) travel to Sand Lake Road and go west to Dr Phillips for more restaurants.

St Helens, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants on International Drive

We are staying here again in September and we always eat at Tony Romas..the ribs are so yummy and a Monday night is rib night!!!