We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airboat rides?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
732 posts
1 review
Save Topic
airboat rides?

Is there anywhere close to Orlando that we could go on an airboat ride? I would love to visit the everglades but am I right in thinking they are a few udrive south of Orlando? we just wouldnt have time to fit in that amount of travelling.

Cost, location, and if we need to book in advance etc would also be helpful.

Thanks.

Florida
Level Contributor
215 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: airboat rides?

Check out the following:

www.bcairboats.com

www.airboatrides.com

uk
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airboat rides?

We were in Orlando about 3 weeks ago and did the Boggy Creek Airboat Rides on our last day. Very close to Orlando Airport so fitted in just right. I think it was about 29 dollars per adult for 30 minutes ride. The ride was really good although we didn't see an awful lot, apparently alligators don't come out so much in hot weather, but worth it just for the experience. We didn't book just turned up and had to wait about 15 minutes.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airboat rides?

I think we did what Kizzy did. We saw the little voucher in the flier and went to see. It was OK but we did not see anything. It was noisy and we did not go fast but I must say everyone enjoyed it. They were also safe rides. I think what you may be looking for is the speed airboat through the Everglades - boggy Creel aint that. Still as a family funn interlude without a lot of hassle or mosquitos it was brill.

Don't forget the voucher.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: airboat rides?

Check out this URL:

viator.com/tours/Orlando/31705A/The-Everglad…

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: airboat rides?

Oops try this one instead: (takes less time)

viator.com/tours/…Airboat-Ride

Florida
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airboat rides?

There are also some airboat rides in Kissimmee, although I don't have any first hand experience with them. Maybe someone else here has been on one???

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,038 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airboat rides?

We did one in Christmas Fl. The place looked like a run down shanty, but the airboat ride was first class. We saw a lot of gators and even quite a few eagles and other native birds. There were plenty of ops for pics and such.

Level Contributor
17 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airboat rides?

Hi Hawkshoe please could you tell us which airboat trip you booked it sounds great and would save a long drive down to the Everglades. Many thanks

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airboat rides?

we done the one in Kissimmee. They are small 3-4 seaters that you drive youself. Great fun for an hour but hard to drive. Push forward and back for left an right. Spent about 15 minutes going ound in circles.

think thgey are near Med Times

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: airboat rides?

I don't know if this will help you but the GO Orlando Card includes an airboat tour as well as attractions in Orlando for a lower price. All the tours and things are non-disney, but it's a nice break from the Disney side of Orlando. Includes things like dinner theaters, airboat tours, gatorland, wonderworks, museums, some miami attractions, Kennedy Space Center, and Cypress Gardens.