We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Animal Kingdom Shows

Chicago
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Animal Kingdom Shows

How do the Animal Kingdom shows (Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo) work? Do you have to get tickets in advance, fast pass, or just wait in line? If you have to wait in line, how long before the scheduled show do you need to start waiting?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Sussex
Level Contributor
953 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Animal Kingdom Shows

Finding Nemo show had a pretty big queue on our last visit, and after seeing the show i cant for the life of me understand- wasnt my families thing at all! lol

I think the advice Disney give is to arrive 30 mins before the show starts. First few trips we would do this and be first in line- often getting picked to do the audience activities which is fun! but now we tend to arrive a little later than that.

Katrina

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Animal Kingdom Shows

We went to finding nemo right when the park closed, it was nice when we got out the show guests were the only people left in the park. There was no big line up at that time maybe 15 people.

pa
Level Contributor
55,118 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Animal Kingdom Shows

Same thing for us last time, last show,not much of a line at all. Got there 1/2 hour or so before Show time

We LOVE Nemo, think it's one of the most creative Shows there is :)

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Animal Kingdom Shows

Festival of the Lion King we waited about 40 minutes, but that was during Xmas. You just hang out in the waiting area, then line up at entry time. Lots and lots of people can fit in these shows. No fast pass. (Well, I don't think there is...). We loved Lion King; kids couldn't stand Nemo-so go figure!

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,981 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Animal Kingdom Shows

I saw the first "Lion King" show of the day off season (mid-January), and the bleachers were only about 1/4 full. During more crowded times, you may want to arrive 20-30 minutes ahead. Avoid the lowest 3 rows as there is no rise (at least on the first two); there are 4 sections and all have equally good views (other than the lowest rows--the first row is reserved for handicapped and their parties).

6. Re: Animal Kingdom Shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 09, 2010