We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Hotel or Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress?

Canton, Georgia
Level Contributor
544 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Hotel or Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress?

My husband and I (middle aged, no kids) are planning a trip to Disney in 2006. Want to go when it is less crowded and not extremely hot, so from what I've read, October would be a good time to go..... is that correct? Also, trying to decide whether to stay at one of the Disney hotels, or the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, which looked pretty darn nice on TA. I believe there is also a Hilton somewhere in Disney -- that is also a possibility. I've read many opinions as to the benefits of staying at a Disney hotel, but also read the early admissions are not that big of a help since there are so many Disney hotels now. Since he is not a big Disney fan, I'm trying to make this trip as painless and enjoyable for him as possible! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Disney Hotel or Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress?

Puppymama,

No apology needed! I certainly understand why he is tired of Mickey!

Enjoy the Grand Cypress and 50's Diner.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Disney Hotel or Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress?

I've just come back from 10 days at the Villas at Grand Cypress,if you want peace and quiet with the luxury of being able to use the facilities of the GC hotel then this is the place.With shuttles to and from both resorts when you want ,whenever you want,The Villas are really worth thinking about.We never waited longer than 5 minutes from ringing from our Clubroom to the shuttle bus arriving at our door,transfer from Villas to hotel about 5 minutes.If its tranquility your after and an oasis away from Park madness this is the place.

The Sunday brunch at the Coquinna restaurant at the Hotel is a must if you like top class food .

Like your husband ,my wife is no lover of theme parks but she enjoyed MGM,Universal,and Seaworld.The highlight of the trip though was the Cirque de Soleil 'La Nouba' show at Downtown Disney,this really is a must see event for anyone going to Orlando