We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sanaa versus boma

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Topic
sanaa versus boma

hi everyone - still doing this dining plan- any recommendations for animal kingdom - Sanaa or Boma or elsewhere?

Fancy a nice indian curry during our stay - is there any buffets serving indian cuisine

Thanksxox

WARWICKSHIRE
Level Contributor
785 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sanaa versus boma

Hi, Sorry no-one has replied to your post!!! I think Sanna is more Indian than Boma....Boma has very tasy food though (can get a bit manic in there sometimes!). Maybe some kind members of the forum will come along and answer your Sanna questions though as I haven't been to that one!

GAN
RI, USA
Level Contributor
206 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sanaa versus boma

Here is a very thorough review:

disunplugged.com/2009/…

I've never been, but have been to BOMA and love the varied flavors(African). Depends what you're looking for, but if you want Indian then Sanaa sounds like the place.

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sanaa versus boma

we went to sanaa a few weeks ago-it was the best meal of our trip even better than emerils tchop tchop which was 4 times more expensive. The setting was great, the only complaint was that we were booked in for 12.40 but they struggled to fit us in before 1.10 (infact at about 1 pm they told us it would be between 1.30/1.45 before they could take us, because it was so so cold the previous dinners were all staying on and drinking coffee etc rather than venturing out, and they are not allowed to ask anyone to leave (or so they said). However at our request, a manager soon sorted it for us as one of our party is diabetic, and thats why we al;ways reserve/Adrs so that we can plan her meal times. But I did see some wait much longer than 40mins after ther Adr time

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
154 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sanaa versus boma

thanks everyone for taking the time to reply -this orlando forum is invaluable

You just couldn't pay for better first hand experience and i think especially for 1st timers it's a necessity!!!

vcv
Tennessee
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sanaa versus boma

I ate at both last week and personally preferred the atmosphere at Sanna. However, the buffett at Boma offers an opportunity for lots more different types of food. It may depend on who is in your group. If you have children, they may find lots more satisfying choices at Boma--definitely lots more choices. (I never even visited the dessert section because I found more than enough in the other sections--I especially liked the soups and spreads.) The atmosphere at Sanna is quieter--and more adult (and the hotel is definitely worth a visit). I had early reservations at both restaurants--was seated immediately at Sanna and with a 5-minute wait at Boma. Neither struck me as truly Indian/African--I think descriptions say "African/Indian 'flavors'"), but I liked both and would go to either again.

Barrie Ontario
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sanaa versus boma

Jiko in my opinion way better than both mentioned.

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sanaa versus boma

My friends just come back, he said the food quality was the same in both and they prefured the buffet one! hope that helps a little. but if in doubt go to both! :)

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sanaa versus boma

What is the kids menu like... Is this 2 meals on the ADR's. This place (Sanna) looks like it would be fun :)

Thanks, DC

9. Re: sanaa versus boma

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 30, 2010