We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AAA Discounts in Universal & Seaworld??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
159 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
AAA Discounts in Universal & Seaworld??

I was just reading on the AAA website that I can "Save 10% off selected dining/restaurants and merchandise within all parks" at Universal and at Seaworld. Has anyone done this? Do I just need to show my card when I pay for my food or is there somewhere else I need to go to get the discount? Are there any other places in Orlando that'll give me a discount with AAA?

Thanks for your help!!

Beautiful Long...
Level Contributor
655 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AAA Discounts in Universal & Seaworld??

I would think the info would be on the AAA website somewhere. "Selected" means "not everywhere"...and how would you know which places honor the AAA card before you go?

The AAA website must have a list of the selected places the card can be used...otherwise it will be a hit or miss thing unless you called each place in advance.

I'd call AAA and speak with someone personally.

Good luck!

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
159 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AAA Discounts in Universal & Seaworld??

BluePoint,

Yeah, you'd think they would list them on their website but I guess it's just easier ato write "selected" because I sure can't find it anywhere! I'm going to buy my tickets through AAA because it's cheaper, so I guess I'll ask then.

south carolina
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: AAA Discounts in Universal & Seaworld??

I used my AAA discount at Universal several years ago. You just show your card and you get a discount everywhere in Universal. I used it at restaurants, gift shops and even the gift carts throughout the theme parks. Overall, we saved quite a good bit of money.

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
159 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AAA Discounts in Universal & Seaworld??

Oh that's great to know, Watercat! Thanks for the info!! Hopefully they haven't changed anything... :o)

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AAA Discounts in Universal & Seaworld??

All the parks within Universal / Sea world group used to give discounts on the production of a AAA card or its Briitish affiliated AA card. You could get discounts in all the shops and restraunts. But couple of years ago they told be this have been discontinued. All the outlets displayed the RED White and Blue striped emblem where discounts were given.

More recently I have not seen any of these displayed on the shop enterances or on the cash tills where you pay. But this is only my experiance and it might be wrong. I will take note in a few weeks time.

You could always E-mail customer relations on the parks web site and ask what the parks policy is. you could then let all of us know

Sterling, Virginia
Level Contributor
159 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AAA Discounts in Universal & Seaworld??

Yeah, I think I'll try contacting Universal, Seaworld, and AAA to see if I can figure it out. I'll be there in 2 weeks so I'll at least find out when we're there! Whatever I find out, I'll definitely post on here since it seems there is confusion on the issue.