We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

non-drivers in Orlando

Level Contributor
249 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
non-drivers in Orlando

Hi

I am travelling to Orlando with my 10 year old daughter and my friend and her 9 year old son staying on either International Drive (possibly the Crowne Plaza) or Lake Buena Vista (Marriot Village) and was wondering how good the transport links to Disney are.

Is it easier to get taxis? If so, are they expensive? Please let me know as neither of us feel confident enough to drive.

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: non-drivers in Orlando

Came back from a second visit in September. This time I used nothing else than a combination of Mears Shuttles/Yellow Taxis .

Yellow Taxi 1 407 422 2222 and Mears Shuttles 1 407 423 5566.

What I also did was go to www.viator.com, go to Orlando and found the Mears Attraction Page, from where I booked several Day Attraction Transfers for £32.00 return.

Yes it's easy to get Taxis.

If you don't book online with Viator, suggest you organise your Taxis as and when you need them out there. If you telephone for a Mears Shuttle ( A minibus that can carry up to 11 people) enusre you telephone Mears on the number say no later than around 08:00 in the morning at which point you can reserve a round trip ( to the park/Downtown Disney and back) at agreed times. They will give you a reservation number-write it down. Ask the first Driver to give you a Return Receipt against the Reservation Number and give this Receipt to the Driver who collects you to take you back to your I-Drive Hotel.

Give them a quick ring from the UK-They will tell you the approx cost of a return trip from say the Crowne Plaza. Alterbatively use the Taxi fare Estimator on www.mearstransportation.com-Click on Services and then Taxis.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: non-drivers in Orlando

Hello Renfield,

I always said this bait would get you back. Nice to see that you got your Bishopric in the end - well deserved. You have been missed!

I thought you were a little short with somebody the other night - not like you. Don't turn into Endo.

Lots of people want to know how to do Orlando without the car so I think you will be typing responses about it for a long time. Please don't be short with them.

Level Contributor
249 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: non-drivers in Orlando

many thanks - just on the viator website now...

London, England
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: non-drivers in Orlando

Andies - If it's your first trip to Orlando and you definately aren't going to drive, then you might find it easier to stay on International Drive. You will have a lot of public transport links there, such as the I Ride trolley which goes the full length of I Drive, and the Lynx bus system which goes all over Orlando and surrounding Counties.

UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: non-drivers in Orlando

I second UK Diva stay on the IDrive if you don't have a car as easier and a lot of hotels have free shuttles 'but check this first' will save u money in the long run. I trolley is excellent and cheap if not sometime crowded and slow.