We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orange Lake Country Club ?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
586 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Orange Lake Country Club ?

hi we are staying there in june, any advise. we rented a car because i hear the place is huge. is there a grocery store nearby? we are bringing our 3 kids i heard they have a kid park is thwt true?

thanks

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orange Lake Country Club ?

We stayed at Orange Lake Golf and Country Club last May for 2 weeks and LOVED it!!! We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom overlooking the golf course and even the fireworks out of our living room window at Disneyworld!!! It was my husband, our son, myself, my brother, sister-in-law, and niece. The kids were 4 1/2 and 5 1/2. As I read before going, it is suggested on this forum to ask for a newer unit. That is what we did when we got there. (That's actually what they had for us anyways- exchanging through a RCI timeshare membership), but I'd ask anyways. Yes, it's true they have a small (not tiny, tiny) park, several pools (I think 6, 7 or 8), bingo poolside, crafts for the kids, kids activities every day including, sometimes free popcorn and face painting, video arcade, its own lake (hence the name!!) where you can jet ski and play in the sand, they also have their own movie theatre!! They have live music during the day and at night, a very nice 18 hole mini golf course (buy the family package- it would pay for itself in about 1 or 2 times of use) and they have a waterslide that the kids just loved!! (I'd bring a life vest or buy one there if you have kids that don't swim on their own yet). I'd think their own lazy river would be done by now. It was delayed due to hurricanes last year, so wasn't done when we were there. Yes, they have a grocery store nearby (approximately a 5 minute drive from where we were located) and several shops/mini marts. It's almost like it's own world and there were days we didn't leave the resort! It is large and spread out and we rented a car also. Some people don't like that, but it would have to be the size it is to offer all of the great activities for everyone in the family. Enjoy and have a great time. The next time we go to Disneyworld we will definately try to go back to Orange Lake!!! (I believe you can only exchange there every 4 years).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
586 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orange Lake Country Club ?

thank you for the info, yeah i think i heard from rci you can only go every 3 years. thanks again