We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resort for a 2 year old???

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Resort for a 2 year old???

Does anyone recommend a WDW Resort to stay at with a 2 year old boy in April?????? Anyone in WDW doesn't matter price wise. I want him to have fun!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Resort for a 2 year old???

Hello BriansMommy,

I didn't read everyone else's replys so if I'm repeating, forgive me. We absolutely love the Yacht and Beach Club. There is a 3 acre pool with a sand bottom, shipwreck boat, and a seperate sand area for the little ones to play in. There is also restaurant at the Beach Club called Cape May Cafe that has a wonderful character meal with Goofy, Minnie, Chip and Dale. If you would enjoy a Seaside feel to your vacation, this is the place!!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Resort for a 2 year old???

I've taken my son to WDW many times over the last 16 years. We've stayed at the value resorts, Ft. Wilderness cabins, campground, and the Contemporary. We took his first trip when he was 2. We stayed at the Contemporary and I know we made the right choice. The resort is compact so it doesn't require a long walk from the transportation options to your room. The food court and restaurants were an elevator ride away. It's close to Magic Kingdom where we spent time every day. Much easier to load the stroller on the monorail and make the quick trip to the park.

The value resorts are very kid oriented and we've enjoyed our stays when making budget trips. We loved the cabins and staying at Ft. Wilderness. They have lots of family oriented activities. I think the Contemporary can't be beat when traveling with a 2 year old.

Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Resort for a 2 year old???

BrainsMommy,

If you want to stay closest to the Magic Kingdom at one of the monorail resorts my first choice would be the Grand Floridian, second Polynesian and last the Contemporary. When our first son was 2 sixteen years ago!! we stayed at the Contemporary and it was outdated even then. The Grand Floridian is beautiful with it's bright white exterior and turn of the century theme it is wonderful! I do recommend Chef Mickey's character breakfast at the Contemporary which would be an easy monorail ride away from the Grand Floridian. If you don't mind taking a bus to the Magic Kingdom then as I stated in my prior reply my first choice would be the Yacht and Beach Club, your two year old would enjoy playing in the sand!

secaucus, nj
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: Resort for a 2 year old???

My hubby and i took our son to WDW for the first time @ 14 months old. He may not remember th trip, but he loves to look at the photos. We have been back three times since and always stay @ The Contemporary Resort. Nice staff, clean rooms, good food choices. All disney resort rooms are similar in size (we have stayed at several of them.) varying only in decor. But the real reason we stay @ Contemporary every time is because you can't beat having the monorail only an elevator ride away from your room. You never even have to take the child out of the stroller to ride the monorail, unlike the busses and some ferry/boat rides. Have a great time and enjoy!! We may also be there in April.

UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Resort for a 2 year old???

I was 2 at some point in my life-But don't ask me to remember where my parents took me-I doubt I would have cared to be honest.

My suggestion is therefore, to go where Mommy wants to go-Doesn't have to be Disney itself, though no doubt when you took your little fella to the Parks your eyes will surely light up when you see him smile at everything and have his pictures taken with the characters there.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: Resort for a 2 year old???

I think it really depends on how much time you actually plan to spend at your resort vs. in the parks. If you are like most and will spend most of your time in the parks, I would go with All-Star Movies. Your son will absolutely love the larger than imaginable characters EVERYWHERE! Yes, you will have to ride a bus and walk to your room, but that will be at any resort. The bus transportation is not at all as bad as many posters let on. Some people just have no patience. If you plan to spend a lot of time at the resort then I would suggest Beach Club. You and your son will enjoy it anywhere. A vacation is as fun as you make it! So go make your a great one! Good Luck choosing.

St. Petersburg
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Resort for a 2 year old???

Check out Disney's website as you can get a visual on the hotels also and check to see if there are rooms available at the time you want to go. April is spring break and they do book up early.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/index

connecticut
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Resort for a 2 year old???

We stayed at the All Stars Movie resort when my son was just about 5. He loved it! Big characters everywhere!! We had a trip booked for early December and we were going to stay at the same place (we now have three sons), but had to postpone until early next year. My three year old loves Toy Story, so I naturally chose to stay there. We contemplated staying elsewhere, but the truth of the matter is, you really aren't at your hotel all that much! To this day, my now almost 8 year old talks about how "big" the pool was there. And, although the monorails are convenient, you can hop on a bus and go back to your hotel if your son needs a break (or a changing)!!. My advice would be to stay at the ASM. Especially if it's your first time. Once your son gets older, then you can venture off to the nicer, more expensive hotels, but for now, I think he (and you) will fully enjoy it there!