We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas in Orlando

England
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
xmas in Orlando

Hi, we will be staying in a villa near championsgate for Xmas and new year. As we won't be arriving until late Xmas eve, shopping for food probably won't be an option, therefore, does anyone know whether restaurants (all areas) will be open Xmas day. Thanks in advance

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: xmas in Orlando

Not all restaurants are open in what you refer to as "all areas" whatever that is...

Many of the larger hotels have buffets for which reservations well in advance are required. One will find most restaurants in the tourist areas open as well as those on the major theme park properties.

UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: xmas in Orlando

Have you tried looking at:

http://www.championsgate.com/home.asp

They have shops and restuarants within the complex-Certainly looks a great place to be staying, and at Christmas time which for me is the best time to be going, particularly if your'e not into heatwaves and humidity.

You could also try making a quick telephone call to them from the UK on 001 407 397 2500 and ask them about food and restaurants on Christmas Day.

You could also consider telephoning WDW Dining, having first perused www.allears.net and reserve a priority seating at one of the Parks' many restaurants which will be open on Christmas Day.

The Liberty Tree Tavern and Crystal Palace at MK, Hollywood & Vine at MGM, and Alfredo's at Epcot comes to mind to mention a select few

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: xmas in Orlando

FYI - The web site is:

www.allearsnet.com ,

V'Butt

Florida
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: xmas in Orlando

Vlad, you don't make a very convincing clergyman.

UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: xmas in Orlando

Please, if I may, I would like to clarify that I am not V'But (Vegasdebut), though I do believe in reincarnation. It's nice to know that you are all safe and well

england
Level Contributor
1,096 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: xmas in Orlando

We stayed at Thousand Oaks near Champions Gate last Christmas. The Publix supermarket there was not open Christmas Day but was I think open till early evening Christmas Eve. It rained and we were hapy to find the dvd rental store open all day.

We ate nr Lake Buena Vista at New York Chinese Buffet but it was nothing special. Wish we had gone to Downtown Disney or something. In the evening we went to Boardwalk but it rained most of the time so was a bit of a washout.

Still better than being at home though and wish we were going again this year

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: xmas in Orlando

Bishop_Smiley:

Sorry for the mistaken identity...

the Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Blvd. is still undergoing repairs from the 2004 hurricanes by the way.

UK
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: xmas in Orlando

Thanks 'E'-Hope you are keeping well-I've enjoyed reading some of your posts of late

Florida
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: xmas in Orlando

Bishop, weren't you saying the other day how gutted you were about your inability to find Jaffa Cakes while in The States? Did you not look at your friendly local Publix for them?

Orlando, Fl
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: xmas in Orlando

I live in Davenport, which is where Champion's Gate is,Publix closed at 9PM & most restaurants are not open very late be it Christmas Eve or any other day. Champion's Gate is at exit 58 on I-4, you can try going down Hwy 27 or possibly down to exit 55 where there is a Cracker Barrel or go East to exit 64 (hwy 192) Kissimee or up furthur to exit 68 (Lake Buena Vista (Apoka-Vineland Road). Both 192 & Apoka Vineland road have numerous chain restaurants & most likely will be open. In non-tourist areas most restaurants have been closed lately on Christmas.

hope this helps. Hope you have a great time!!