We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to cold in December for Discovery Cove?

Sweden
7 posts
Save Topic
to cold in December for Discovery Cove?

We are a family from Sweden who is visiting Orlando for the first time in December. I've read alot about Discovery Cove and it seems great even though a bit pricy. I'm now wondering if the weather in December is to cold for this park? Since the tickets are so expensive, it would'n feel good to go around freezing.

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from $128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from $49.99*
$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from $168.99*
Exeter, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: to cold in December for Discovery Cove?

Hi. We are off to Orlando at the end of next month and have booked a day at DC on the 5th December if I remember correctly! I did think about the weather....but only for about 5 seconds!!!

The experience will far outweigh weather worries. Besides even though you may be a bit chilly once you get out of the water you can dry off and change into your own warm clothes. You'll soon warm up again.

As previous posts have said the actual water temperature will be fine once you are in it!

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: to cold in December for Discovery Cove?

Hi

I did DC in the first week of December in 2007. It was lovely. The weather was great and more tham warm enough.

It can be a hit or a miss though with the weather. But if its something you really want to do, then go for it!

Jx

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: to cold in December for Discovery Cove?

we are from Canada, probably same climate as you. The maids at the hotels thought we were nuts to be in the pools etc in the evening. We were really enjoying ourselves. We only needed a sweater after dinner most nights and jeans and were quite comfortable. We felt warm. The american hotel staff were really bundled up with jackets and hats and mittens etc. Guess it is just what you are used to in winter. We had an awesome time. Only one in the swimming pool at night and were feeling quite warm lol.

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: to cold in December for Discovery Cove?

I think if you are coming from a cooler or cold climate and are used to 68 to 75 feeling very warm and -20 feeling cold then a 68f pool is lovely. We wear shorts in Canada with tshirts at 65 and a jacket and long pants when the sun goes down and are comfy. The winter wear doesnt come out until the snow flies and it is at the freezing point. We go to Floriday often in the winter and really enjoy their frigid 65 degree weather to sun in and to swim. Quite lovely.

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: to cold in December for Discovery Cove?

xmas/ new year- the year 2000 into 2001 near/below zero all day (record low). sand was too cold to even stand on, They were giving out hot drinks and had heaters and big blow dryers on but we had a toddler with us so we only lasted 3.5hrs - loved the place -but way way too cold (and we are from scotland). We went back new years eve 2007 and not cold -but rained torentially all day. We are booked to go back on 4th jan this year, so take note everyone the weather will probably be freezing that day!!!

16. Re: to cold in December for Discovery Cove?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 20, 2010