We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
Level Contributor
124 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

We are going for our 1st Disney trip next week and will only be able to go to MK 1 day. I wanted to bring in lunch but not sure if they allow that? We are on a very very tight budget so I need to be as cheap as I can be. What about coolers? Do they allow you to bring these in and place in the lockers? Also, same for Seaworld and Aquatica. I know Aquatica does not allow any food at all but what about Seaworld? How far is the walk from where you park to the entrance? Is it feasible to leave a cooler in our car and just go out for lunch? Thanks!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,004 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

You can bring in lunch to the Magic Kingdom. Security does check all bags but they're not concerned with food-no alcohol or glass containers except for baby food jars. There are lockers beneath the train station as you enter.

I'm not familiar with the policies at Sea World. If you arrive early it's not a super long walk back to the car. The Magic Kingdom doesn't have any close in parking. From the parking you'll have to take a tram then a Monorail/ferry ride to the park. It is possible to walk from very closest spots to the Monorail/ferry but the tram is usually quicker.

Jennifer

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

At Mk the Lockers are quite a distance to go back to once inside the Park. Getting back to your car will take a really long time.

You can bring in food but not a Big Cooler with enough to feed everyone in the Park, if you know what I mean. A small soft side cooler that could fit inside a Backpack is ideal. No glass containers will be allowed.

here is a bit of info about coolers

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwplan.htm#cooler

Atlanta
Level Contributor
124 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

So if I bring in a backpack, freeze some H2o bottles to drink later and then add some lunchables, this should probably work for the day @ MK. I think the day we are going the hrs are 9-8pm so I could do the lunchables for lunch then bring some cheetos or crackers for snack later. Thanks!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,004 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

I have a soft-sided cooler, maybe lunch or six-pack sized, that I've brought in tons. It was enough to hold a frozen water bottle, some snacks (usually fruit or celery/pb) and sandwiches for four. I portioned out the stuff that didn't have to be kept cool into the backpack or the kids' fanny packs.

I brought an even larger one into Epcot once, probably 16" X 8". We had two adults, 6 kids and no money! I stowed it at the International Gateway lockers and we ate while we waited for Illuminations. If we try to see Fantasmic I sometimes bring in a light supper to eat there too.

We drank free iced water from the counter service places.

Most of this was a few years back. Since the kids (especially my bottomless pit son) have moved out we don't bring as much in. Back in the day I couldn't afford to keep my son's tummy happy at Disney prices :-)

Jennifer

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,414 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

You can bring your own lunch and drinks to the Magic Kingdom. // Disney's policy allows this, which is really great. We do this on every trip. Usually we bring a soft sided cooler and a back pack that we fill with food.

Sea World has a different policy. "Large hard or soft coolers, glass containers, food, drinks and picnic lunches may not be taken into the park. Guests with special diets, baby formula or baby food may bring their items into the park.". For Sea World, I will take a few cheese cracker / peanut butter cracker snacks (I've never been stopped for doing this), but that's it because of their policies. You could walk back to your car, but it's a hike and not something we do because of all the walking we'll be doing in the park. You could visit the park on two different days to see everything -- Eat a big breakfast, have light lunches at the park, and leave before dinner (just another thought). You would have to pay for parking both days, though, with this plan. Also to make the most of your budget, make sure to buy your tickets in advance on the Sea World website, where you can get an adult ticket for the price of a child ticket. This is good for the Sea World only ticket (where you can go another day free just by going the the customer service desk before leaving the park on your first day) or the Sea World/Aquatica combo ticket (multiple days at either for the week). Sea World is our family's favorite park and well worth visiting in my opinion.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

Just a quick note about Aquatica. We went in the summer for half a day and I didn't want to buy food, so I took a packet of biscuits, a bag of crisps and a plastic bottle of tap water.

When my bag was checked, I just told security what food I had, and the security guard said that was OK and let me through.

I thought it was against policy, so was prepared to dump the items if they were objected to.

Either they have eased the policy, or I had a kind security guard.

7. Re: Magic Kingdom- can we bring food into park?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 16, 2010