We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Orlando Florida in December

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Merrillville...
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather in Orlando Florida in December

Hi I am traveling to Orlando Fl December 18th-23 and was wondering what kind of clothing should I take for the weather.

Also what is a reasonable amount of spending money for a family of four, I am staying in the Sheraton Vistana on Intl Drive. This suite has a kitchen I will be doing some cooking on the vacation not much what is some advice you cn give me about the hotel, shopping, theme parks, and especially the weather.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

You can get an idea of what the weather has been like in December for previous years by going to the Weather Underground web site: wqww.wunderground.com

Review the TA forums for information related to your other areas of interest as your posting, other than for the weather, is very nedulus.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

Hello cpeace,

We have had many December visits to Disney World. The daytime highs have been generally pleasant in the low 70's with the nightime temps in the 50's. We have had one visit where the temperatures struggled to get above 40 though. Brrrrr! So as you can see the weather can be unpredictable during the winter months in Orlando! Sweatshirts and jeans are usually safe bets for a December visit.

Rhyl, North Wales
Level Contributor
193 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

Hey cpeace, if you use any addresses given by our misinformed fiend don't put a q in the middle of the w's it does'nt work at all well.... a friend of mine goes to disney every christmas and loves it , says he wears a jumper but no coat..............make of it what you will... enjoy!

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
4,651 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

Highs in 70's and lows in 40's are normal. Could dip down into 30's, or could hit 80. Normally I'd say it's usually been pretty dry, but since the hurricanes last year there have not been many long dry periods, like there normally is. If you find yourself at a theme park and you're a little cold at night, and you're tempted to buy a sweatshirt, see if buying a beach towel instead will do the trick. I did that on my honeymoon 4 years years ago and still have the towel, and it was significantly cheaper than any sweatshirt.

Valencia, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

allways raining!!!!!!!!!!. Take your umbrella with you!!!!!!!!!!!!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

cpeace,

We have had many December visits to Disney with very little rainfall. The most rainfall is generally in the months of June-September so even though it's a good idea to prepare for all kinds of weather during a winter visit to Orlando you should be fine! Have a great trip. We will be there the same time as you!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,023 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

December is very unpredictable. Last time we were there in Dec. Temps ranged from 80S to 40s. We needed shorts and tees as well as a heavy coat and mittens. It was a crazy week. Best to be prepared and pack for all weather. Bring clothes you can layer.

UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

That will surely be a lovely time to go, particularly also, if your'e not a beachy person . Besides it will be Christmas Time and the parks will be awashed with great Christmas Music, as will some of the Hotels too. In my book, it is de facto, the best time to go.

Have a great time, of that you can be sure.

chicago, il
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Orlando Florida in December

Lucky you... Get to MGM for the Festival of Lights. The most beautiful Christmas lights (and great hot chocolate).

We were there last year in December. It was Indiana weather, it seemed, minus the real snow (there's fake snow). Bring a windbreaker and a sweatshirt with a hood (the pullover with the pocket in front) seemed to work best for us. This way, you can layer if needed and wear the sweatshirt for a few days without washing it.

Don't forget... MGM at night!!!