We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

magical express and car hire

belfast
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
magical express and car hire

Considering using magical express from airport to disney resort after international flight and collecting hire car next morning at disney rather than airport. Has anyone used this service and were would be the best location to hire car on disney property

World of Disney
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Specialty Shops
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
Disney Parks & Activities, Gift & Specialty Shops
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: magical express and car hire

Hello belfastbabe,

For day trips you might want to consider renting a car from Alamo at the Magic Kingdom Auto Plaza. Since you are staying at a Disney Resort you can also inquire about car rental at the front desk. If your going to spending most of the days of your vacation at the Disney parks, I highly recommend you use the Disney transportation that is offered to all the parks and Downtown Disney. It's much more convient.

belfast
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: magical express and car hire

thanks healin

Want to hire car as kids want to go to universal IOA and seaworld and we also have tickets to attend nfl game in tampa so intend hiring car for entire stay. Have you used the magical express service if so what are your thoughts.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: magical express and car hire

Hi belfastbabe,

This December will be our first experience with Magical Express so we shall see! A friend of mine used it this summer and said she didn't have any problems. She loved the convience. With that being said, I have read other reviews that said they weren't happy with the service because they had to leave the resort too early. Up to 3 hours before a flight. We usually leave that early anyway so that would not bother us. Others have complained there are too many stops. And others have even complained of luggage not arriving for many hours after their flight. I'm hoping some of the kinks have been worked out of this new system by the time we arrive in December!

I have to say though, for your situation I would rent the car from the airport since it looks like your going to be needing one most of your vacation anyway!

belfast
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: magical express and car hire

Hi Healin

You are probably right but having travelled 12hrs belfast to new york to orlando and then adjusting to driving on the wrong side of the road for us, collecting the hire car at the airport is the one thing we dread about holidaying in orlando.

As you have confirmed alamo have a location at Disney I think like yourself we will use the magical express and collect hire car after a good nights sleep.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: magical express and car hire

Wow! belfast I knew your flight was a long one but 12 hours! Yes, I understand how exhausted you would be. A 9 hour flight kills me to Hawaii! Well then absolutely go for the Magical Express. When will you be traveling?

belfast
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: magical express and car hire

hi healin

Travelling 15 december to 27 december and for first time staying at a value resort pop century so kids who are aged 16,17 can have a room of their own and freedom to use disney transport alone. I have only stayed onsite one time before at POR but could not stetch budget for two rooms at this resort on this holiday.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: magical express and car hire

belfast,

You should be still getting the value season rates with a December 15th arrival. We will be at Disney the 19-27 with our two boys 18 and 10 and staying at the Yacht and Beach Club villas. Our airfare is alot less expensive than yours! I booked back in January and am only paying $700.00 for the 4 of us round trip which leaves extra money for a deluxe resort:)

belfast
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: magical express and car hire

Hi Healin

Sounds Wonderful,Our flights were about $700 each total $3000. We did get value rates but even so two rooms at pop was only slightly more expensive than one room at POR so we decided to give it a go. We are rarely at resort anyway to much to see and do and we will be able to dine at upmarket resorts and parks. With having hire car for entire stay we hope that traveling to other resorts to eat and enjoy surroundings will not be a problem. Also husband is a keen golfer and wants to play a couple of disney courses.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: magical express and car hire

Wow! $3,000.00 for airfare!

Oh yes it'll be wonderful that you will have a car for all of your outside of Disney travel. And yes you'll be able to dine at the other Disney resorts with no problem!

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: magical express and car hire

Well I'm off to bed belfastbabe,

If you have any other questions, keep asking here and in case you already don't know there is a wonderful site www.allearsnet.com that has a list of Disney restaurant menu choices and a wealth of other great information on travel to Disney! It's been nice chatting with you!