We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orlando car rental - which company is best?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Orlando car rental - which company is best?

Hi,

I am going to Orlando September 09 and will require car hire for the duration of my trip(two weeks).

Having looked at a several quotes, it looks like Alamo or Easy Car are about the best: around $250 for two weeks for a small economy car.

It sounds like a fair deal to me, but I would obviously like to know if there are any better deals out there? Or if there are any better companies to hire from?

Much appreciated,

Stuart

UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

I used to go with Dollar but this year used Alamo. They were good and you have a choice of cars. All the ones in your price group are lined up and you help yourself to the one you want. J.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

I am looking at booking with Alamo for 10 days in October. The cheapest rate I have found so far with them is about $450 dollars for a mid size car. Anybody of any codes or inform me how to get cheaper. Much appreciated.

US
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

I use Budget. If you join their Fastbreak club you can get discounts, free upgrades and you also don't have to queue at the airport which is always nice.

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

Stu

$250 is very cheap and being in $ i would think insurance is not included. You really need to book through a UK site as that will include everything.

Try carhire3000 or UScarhire

Trinidad
Level Contributor
831 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

I check hertz.com for you. I also picked the first saturday to the 3rd saturday as you two week.

On the site select UK resident at top of page. I got a rate of $299 US. Now look at the specials section for discouints. You can get up to 15% discount.

You can also join AA or contentinal frequent flyer club (for free) and then you can get a further discount of about 10% (corporate discount.)

These discounts can save you quit a bit.

You can also do a general google search for internet couponds for different car rental progeams.

Note: State your are a UK resident will give you a better rate than US residents.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

Thanks for all these replies. Very helpful!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

HEy Stu. We are goin in septmeber and booked thru these guys.

http://www.internetcarhire.co.uk/

THe use all different companies but we found the budget rentals the best deal.

Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

I have used Dollar and Alamo before, both of which were fine, however this year i found Thrifty to be cheaper at Orlando International. That being said, i have since found out they are off site and you have to get a bus from the airport (which they provide) to get to their site, this no doubt takes time so id have stuck with dollar. The price was £250 for an intermdiate size car with all insurances etc.

worthing
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

i hate getting shuttles off the airport, nightmare finding your way back.\

i thought thrifty was on site?

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,179 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orlando car rental - which company is best?

Barry

Thrifty are no longer off site they went to MCo in May of this year. When we picked up our car in April we got the shuttle, when we took the car back 3 weeks later it was at the airport so no worries for you there