We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July 4th Celebrations!

Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
July 4th Celebrations!

We've been in Florida before, but never on July 4th. What is the best way to experience the July 4th Celebrations? What goes at Disney World and surrounding area?

What about the beach - is it a good time or bad time to go?

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July 4th Celebrations!

Hello JayEss,

The parks are packed on July 4th in Disney World. They double up on the already fabulous firework displays in Magic Kingdom, MGM and Epcot. You need to get to the parks early because they often reach capacity on the 4th also. If you do manage to get in, the lines are very long for the attractions. The weather is very hot and humid in July so if your not a hot weather person I would skip Disney and make this trip a pool and beach vacation.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July 4th Celebrations!

The above poster pretty much answered your question regarding WDW during the 4th. I recommend the 4th of July firework show at Lake Eola Park in Downtown Orlando, you get to pay a visit to a beautifull area of Orlando that most tourists tend to miss out on because of the extreme emphasis on Disney and the tourist attractions. If you would like more info on this event just let me know, the event has been highly successfull every year but details will not be announced until later next year.

Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July 4th Celebrations!

Thanks to both of you for the information. Yes, OrlandoHelper, I would appreciate further information on the July 4th celebrations at Lake Eola Park in Downtown Orlando. We will most likely stay away from Disney on that day, and would love to experience a differnt part of Orlando. Thanks for the suggestion.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: July 4th Celebrations!

What wasn't said about Lake Eola is that parking is virtually non-existent and you'll enjoy lots of traffic jam/delays afterwards.

One option that wasn't mentioned is the annual fireworks over Lake Monroe in Sanford, north of Orlando - crowds -yes, but lots more parking available and you're not going to experience as nuch grid-lock afterwards.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: July 4th Celebrations!

These responses show that you can always trust the real local experts Jay.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
842 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: July 4th Celebrations!

Hi,

I will be glad to give you more information. There is usually lots of helpfull info on the city website prior to the event including detailed parking info and exact event hours, but that exact information will not become availiable until next year closer to the event. The festival usually begins at around 4pm and the actual firework display is usually at about 9pm. If you will be traveling by car it is usually advised that you arrive early (before dark) to find a parking spot near the park, the city parking division usually does a very good job at opening up city lots and garages in an orderly manner and controlling incoming parkers. If you will not be driving then you have nothing to worry about, you can easily catch a taxi cab or city bus to and from the event.