We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to eat in disney

wales uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to eat in disney

we're visiting orlando in september-staying on international drive for the 1st week & staying at disney all star musical for our 2nd week. i'm a bit concerened about our choice & where to eat while we're at disney. this is my 1st visit with my own family-we dont want to eat fast food every day so some recommendation would be gratefully received, i'm also beginning to panic about the cost of eating there- how expensive is it? the dining plan wasn't available to us to book.

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to eat in disney

If you have a car then theres a 100 places near by ,if not then you can get to Downtown Disney then walk round to Crossroads about 15-20 minutes, there is a TGI Fridays which is nice ,a supermarket so you can get some take outs and a couple of cheap eateries .

The food halls in the Resorts are not over priced IMO just a little lacking in Menu choice .

pa
Level Contributor
55,118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: where to eat in disney

If you have a Package deal at your Disney Resort, I would CALL ASAP and ask them about the Free Dining Offer and get your reservation Modified. It must be booked by July 26th ( not sure why that wouldn't have been offered to you )

Have a look at all the Menus at www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining.htm

You can eat at ANY of the 100 Restaurants

Do you have Kids ? are they into any special characters ? I would start with that and make a few reservations soon. You can book them on-line or by calling

wales uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: where to eat in disney

thanx- we don't hav a ar so downtown disney may be an option-if we can face leaving the parks!! i booked my holiday with virgin, but i orderd my diney tickets direct with disney, & this wasn't an option as i didn't book the package with them

oby
Nr Edinburgh
Level Contributor
141 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to eat in disney

On International Drive you have a good choice of options, we found TGI's and Olive Garden good value. At Disney we went to the buffet at Spoodles which was Mediteranean and also AK Lodge's Boma which was an African Buffet - these were a good change from fast food. In the parks there was always a salad option which hubby and I tended to have and they were good and v fresh.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: where to eat in disney

I am definitely NOT a fast food person and I find it much easier to find things to eat at Disney than most places, even with the quick service/takeaway type venues. For quick service I like:

Magic Kingdom-Columbia Harbor House (soups, salads, yummy FRESH sandwiches)

Animal Kingdom-Flametree BBQ and the quick-service at Yak and Yeti (sorry don't remember the name!)

Epcot-tons of places in the World Showcase with everything from Norwegian to Moroccan. In the Future World area we like Sunshine Seasons.

I haven't really found much at Hollywood Studios and we don't usually eat quick service there. The sandwiches at Starring Rolls looked pretty good though.

At Downtown Disney we like Wolfgang Puck Express.

The food court at All Star Music is okay. I usually stay away from anything too ambitious and stick with salads and things. If you're not a huge eater I have been able to order child's meals at their food court. It's especially nice at breakfast.

Jennifer

wales uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: where to eat in disney

what about the cost of eating in disney? i'm parinoid that we'll ave to spend lots of money eating there due to the cost of a captive audience!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: where to eat in disney

Well, it's not what I'd call the bargain of the year! Some of the portions are fairly large though and my daughter (21) and I almost always split one meal. Iced (not bottled) water is free. Many people don't care for the taste but it doesn't bother us. You can get an idea of the prices here:

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Jennifer

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
619 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to eat in disney

Can highly recommend,

The Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom

Mamma's Kitchen in Hollywood Studies (more for the fun atmosphere, but the food is still good)

The french resturant at world showcase in Epcot.

And Portabello in Downtown Disney.

9. Re: where to eat in disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 21, 2010