We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

HI,We are currently booked to stay at the wyndam in june next year,but after reading the reviews we are thinking of changing this to the renaissance orlando at seaworld.My question is has anyone stayed at these properties and if so do you think we are right to be thinking of changing as the renaissance has brilliant reviews,please help its our 1st time and we dont want to stay in a dump even if it is only to sleep in.

UK
Level Contributor
458 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

Hi Helen. In truth I have never stayed in either of these two properties. I have heard good things about both of them. If it was me personally I would opt for the Wydham. The reason being is 100% for the loaccation. The renaissance to me is out of it, yes it is by Seaworld but that is about it. You could use the I Trolly easily to travel onto main part of I Drive but this can at times take forever when it is busy. Everything is very local for you at Wydham and many places to eat in vicinity. It is your decsion though and we can only advise. Maybe somebody who has stayed at both hotels can help. I will stand firm though with the location.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

come on , someone must of stayed here!!!!!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

I've stayed at the Whydham on I-Drive at Sand Lake Rd back when it was managed by Marriott. The Wyndham is more of a motor inn with a series of 2 story buildings that have rooms that face a nicely landscaped courtyard or out to the parking lot and noisy roads. The courtyard rooms are much better and quieter and the ONLY rooms that I would consider. It's not an easy property to get in and out of. Bathrooms are very small. All rooms have a patio or balcony.

The Renaissance is more of a traditional multi-story hotel and a much larger, well maintained (the grounds and public areas anyway) property managed by Marriott. I've not stayed there, but the location is at the far end of I-Drive at Seaworld. Marriott has been doing a much needed upgrade on their mattresses, so hopefully, the beds are now good ones. If I had to choose between the two, I'd take the Renaissance for location, overall property style and ammenities and quality.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,399 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

No, I have not stayed here but I would go for the Renaissance if I had a car rental but perhaps the Wyndham if I was relying on public transport/taxis.

My husband has stayed at the Wyndham once and he was not impressed nor was he annoyed with anything in particular.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

Tourmaline,Do you think we will be doing the right thing to swap from the wyndam to this hotel after reading the review.Also we will not have a car,we are going to be using i-ride,taxis,do you think we should swap.Need Help!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

Lassie,We will not have a car,what d y recommend

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

The Wyndham is a bland, average and uninspired motor inn, but it well located for using public transport, or even walking to shops for essentials. It's a clean place to sleep. It is at the borderline where I-Drice starts to turn rather tacky, but there are a number of restaurants in walking distance. Keep in mind this property sits right on a VERY busy intersection and the traffic noise and smell can be annoying, especially in an 'outside' room location. Try for a room at the back of the property away from I-Drive, as well as one that faces the courtyard, to avoid traffic noise.

The Renaissance is a far more upscale property with larger, better rooms, ammenities, pool and service, but it is somewhat isolated and would require your setting up taxi service to Disney and other spots. There are usually taxi's in a que here. (The Rev is the master at taxi service as he never drives and uses them all the time.) I believe there are shuttles (don't know if they're free or not) to and from its neighbor, Seaworld and Universal.

The choice is quality, quiet, upscale, somewhat isolated, inconvienent location that requires the additional expense of taxi's, or blah, much smaller rooms in a noisey heavy traffic location with easy access to the I-Drive trolly and Lynx system and inexpensive restaurants. Which elements matter most to you? Take that one, or look around and see if there's another choice.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

Hi Tourmaline,I think the revs a sleep with endev.I think looking at the reviews we should change our booking .We are doing discovery cove,Seaworld,Ak.Mk on a night for the parades nd fireworks,Ioa and studios and MgM all in 7 days before we go t the Bahamas f week 2.

Level Contributor
11,355 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

I made some wild accusations but never anything like that. They were close but there were no shananigans- I think.

Earlybrass is right - Renaissance always beats the Wyndham and his description of the two establishments is precise. Go to the Wyndham now at your peril.

Scotland
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: wyndam orlando or renaissance orlando at seaworld

Hi Helen

We stayed at the Wyndham 2 years ago. It was OK but nothing to write home about, the rooms were clean but well used, as most of the hotels in Orlando are. It is bang in the heart of International Drive, and as other reviews have said on a really busy junction. We found that depending what block you were in you had to walk a bit to get to the pool - no big deal though!. The property is made up of blocks of rooms 2 storeys high and is set in nice grounds.

We are staying in the Renaissance in the first 2 weeks of October (leaving Scotland 4th) so I will contact you on our return and let you know how we got on!