We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
epsom
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Topic
where to stay.

We have been to the Disney area many times,but next year(2006)have been recommended villas in either town centre or windsor hills,can anyone please shed light on these 2 areas?

thank you.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay.

This is a great interactive map of many of the rental villa sub-divisions:

orlando-maps.info/top_down_maps/kissimmee_to…

I've stayed in neither Windsor Hills nor Town Center, but I can tell you Town Center in Davenport is further from Disney than Windsor Hills, which appears to be off 192. Since both are so new, you may not see the sub-division name on the above map. You may want to check on construction and be sure you won't be disturbed by noisy builders. (That happened to me when I first stayed in Formosa Gardens, so I now ASK when staying in a new community.)

I'm sure others will provide more direct info on the two communities. In general, I highly recommend villa rentals in the Disney area. They're very cost effective and you can rent anything from a modest to deluxe villa in prices ranging from USD$600 to $3,000+ per week, dependng on size, location, season and ammenities. You usually pay more per week for properties closer to Disney and get more for your money as you get about 15-25 minutes away from Disney, making Davenport properties a good buy. You get more value for your money than you do with hotels, but you need to willing to give up hotel services and be independent. And a car rental is almost a must. Good luck!

epsom
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay.

thanks for the reply,will try Winsor Hills.

pennsylvania
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay.

We hvae just returned from Windsor Hills and can recommend it. We have posted a review in the forums today.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
396 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay.

I haven't seen Windsor Hills yet but I can tell you Formosa Gardens and Windsor Palms are both very nice and the closest neighborhoods to Disney. You can go with renting from the owner directly or with an agency- pros and cons to both. I have had great success with All Star Vacation Homes. I in tend to check out Windsor Hills when I'm in Orlando this Christmas.