We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help me with park recommendations

Kent, England
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please help me with park recommendations

I am travelling with my girlfriend next Saturday and only booked it last Saturday, i was wondering if anyone could help me as a guide to which parks to visit, i have so far got down to visit - Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios and Seaworld, we would like to go shopping one day so i think thats enough.

Also i havent purchased my tickets yet and need to know the best ones to buy.

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Florida
32,408 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,462 Reviews
Orlando, FL
UK
Level Contributor
632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

Dont forget there are 2 parks at Univeral - the Studios and Islands of Adventure - you need a day at each! MGM is also good.

IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

Depending on how long your vacationing I would add Epcot and MGM. Shopping and dining at Downtown Disney is a fun day too.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Essex England
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

MGM and Epcot are a definate must.

Mentioned in this post
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Palm Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

Consider buying a PARK HOPPER pass for the Disney Parks - one morning we started out at Animal Kingdom, then jumped over to Walt Disney World for some fun and a snack, made dinner reservations via guest services - scooted over to Disney MGM to see FANTASMIC! (get there EARLY - it's awesome!) and a 9:30pm dinner reservation at EPCOTs Mexico - very fun. Back to our room at Animal Kingdom. Consider how you will get around- we chose to use the monorail as well as our own vehicle to make things faster - sometimes the buses can lag - but that's also part of the fun :)

Mentioned in this post
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
14,381 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Mexico
Mexico
North America
The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

MGM and second on Fantasmic as the best show! I'd take it over the Magic Kingdom for adults.

Mentioned in this post
Fantasmic!
Fantasmic!
14,381 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

I personally feel Animal Kingdom is the worst park in Orlando. It was totally not worth they money! Instead you get a better deal for your money if you go to Magic Kingdom, MGM, or Epcot. If you want to see animals go to a Zoo! Magic Kingdom is better for small children, if you don't have kids skip it and go to Islands of Adventure or Epcot. IOA is one of my favorite parks because it has the best "big" rides.

Sea World has gained my respect as the best park in town for all ages! Do not miss the Blue Horizons show!!!!!!

My advice for adults is go to Sea World, Islands of Adventure, and Epcot. If you have time Universal.

Have fun, hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,462 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Kent, England
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

Hi kpcloud9,

Thankyou for your suggestions, do you think i would be missing out though if i didnt visit Magic Kingdom?

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
406 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

If you have never been to orlando before then I would do MK just so you can say you have done it. I was 22 when we first went and it is aimed at kids but it's fun. You can end up doing this park in the morning and if you get bored you can go to a different disney park in the afternoon.

If you want the flexiablility to move around anything disney I would but a ultimate disney ticket. They are only mean't for UK visitors.

Not sure your age But i would definately sugguest that even if you don't do all disney you must so IOA, Universal and seaworld.

I'm develping a website so have done lots of research into ticket buying online and have found these people to be the cheapest online.

http://www.sunstyle.co.uk/attractions.asp

Kent, England
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

Thanks Sarah, im 31 but im a kid at heart so i will be on all the roller coasters! I was just trying to workout what would be the best tickets to purchase, i think i will go for IOA, Magic Kingdom, and Seaworld, im going Sat so i think it will be too late to purchase tickets over here.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
SeaWorld Orlando
SeaWorld Orlando
29,462 Reviews
Orlando, FL
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help me with park recommendations

KentTraveller,

Just noticed you asked a MK question. If you were traveling with children I would say definitely don't miss Magic Kingdom! Otherwise it's not a must for adults. Go to Epcot or MGM if your short on time instead.

Mentioned in this post
Magic Kingdom Park
Magic Kingdom Park
59,541 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Epcot
Epcot
24,685 Reviews
Orlando, FL