We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring suntan lotion in luggage?

Nj
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bring suntan lotion in luggage?

It has been 12 years since I have been on a plane. Yikes! So a bit nervous for my flight out on April 17th. Can I bring lotion or should I just buy some at Walmart down there? Not sure what the rules are for this kind of stuff to bring on planes.

Thanks!!

Marie

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bring suntan lotion in luggage?

You can bring it in checked luggage, not carryon. Make sure it is tightly shut, and in a ziplock.

I had a leak (even in my ziplock) and it ruined some white shirts. But UK ziplock bags aren't as good a quality.

Aurora
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bring suntan lotion in luggage?

Yes, you can bring a bottle in your checked luggage. I actually double ziplock bag my suntan lotion, because it does leak. Think this has to do with pressure changes more than anything else. Only 3 ounces allowed in your carry-on, not enough.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bring suntan lotion in luggage?

just buy some when you get there avoid the carrying and hassle packing the stuff

those kind of bottles always leak when under de pressurisation

United States
Level Contributor
601 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bring suntan lotion in luggage?

Be careful if you pack them. Put them in several plastic bags. We bought aerosol sunblock when going to Mexico. When we arrived the aerosol had compressed some how and the can was empty when we opened the luggage. The oil was all over our clothing. The cap was still on but the can was empty.

england
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bring suntan lotion in luggage?

I always pack loads of lotions and creams in my case and they have never leaked in the 20 years I have been flying!

I also do buy it hear, you can go to wallmark, but due to offers over here at the moment, it doesn't work out that different in cost, and you get what you want!

6. Re: Bring suntan lotion in luggage?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, October 23, 2009