We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

Lima,Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

Staying one night in Orlando after a week on the east coast.We will be arriving before noon in Orlando and our flight back home is not until 3:00pm the next day. We're looking for a hotel with a knock out pool area preferably with waterfalls,slides,etc to relax around for before we head back to reality. Just my wife,me and our 12 year old son.Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,830 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

Disney's Beach Club Resort

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/beach.htm

Stormalong Bay is great and the Resort is quite relaxing

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/bc-rec.htm

Mentioned in this post
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's Beach Club...
2,925 Reviews
Orlando, FL
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,136 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

partypa, do you get a commission from Disney ??.....

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,057 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

I agree, the Beach Club is my favorite Disney resort! It sounds like you won't be visiting WDW while you're in Orlando. Is that right?

If so the pool at the Omni Championsgate if gorgeous and you'll probably be able to find it at a better rate than the Beach Club. I've never stayed at the J W Marriott Grand Lakes but have read a lot of good things about their pools too.

Jennifer

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

No Party doesn't. Given we volunteer our time here, I find that a bit offensive.

In any case, offsite I would reccomend Hyatt Grand Cypress, Caribe Royal, and any of the 3 Universal onsite hotels.

I am offiliated with none.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,136 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

Didn't mean to offend partpa, et al, but Disney is not the only place in Orlando, and having seen pools at four of the resorts last November, I noticed that none was over 4 ft in depth.....they seemed fine for small children, in fact they were teeming with them.....maybe a good place for young families to stay close by the parks, but these folks are looking for a place to "relax" and, as I read it, maybe nearer to the airport, especially if coming from the east coast....

We stayed at the Marriott near the airport, it had a really neat pool, partly inside and the rest outside with a vinyl seperator that you could swim through.....it was heated just right, no waterfalls though......

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

Monmbear, I take your point, but that sort of 'Shot' should not be taken here, or at least be sent by private message. It may have been a simple question to you, but mud sticks.

There are plenty of DE's like myself who have never ever stayed onsite at Disney.

I plan on my first onsite stay next month (one night)- At Universal.

pa
Level Contributor
54,830 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

I was just recomending a

"Knock Out Pool"

That was all the information I had to go on in Carman123's Post. I didn't read anything about wanting to be close to the Airport or anything about a Budget. I respond to what was given

I know Disney Resorts, I recomend Disney Resorts because they are IMO, some of the best there are in the Orlando area. If someone asks for somehting in a General Way, I respond with what info I have. Stormalong Bay is very relaxing for Adults and alot of fun for Kids ( a 12 year old I'm sure would enjoy it )

I am very aware that there are other Hotels in the area, I just don't find them very interesting. ( one of the big reasons I stay at Disney Resorts ) There are plenty of others on the forum that can suggest Hotels that they have had experience with outside of Disney :)

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
London, United...
Level Contributor
362 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

Depending upon what you're looking for, Hyatt Grand Cypress pool area is lovely, 2 slides, a grotto/waterfall, very relaxing, but we prefer JW Marriott Grandes Lakes for its lazy river...and you can walk across to the Ritz Carlton pool too, which is also very nice. It's a close call, but the JW just pips the Hyatt for us...the rooms are slightly nicer too...some good rates about if you search about

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

Mombear

For what itś worth i didn´t see your comment as offensive. Looked like jokey comment to me.

Lima,Ohio
Level Contributor
70 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with the best pool in Orlando!

OK,let me clarify a bit. I'm not really wanting a WDW resort and the distance to the airport isn't all that important since we will have a rental car to return anyhow. I'm looking for a more upscale resort/hotel....3.5* to 5 star. Hotwire and Priceline(as posted on Betterbidding.com and biddingfortravel.com)have quite a few hotels in these ratings to be had for less than $100.00 a night.But we still want a killer pool area.