We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Topic
This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

Hi All

Please don't tell me what a fool I am because it's too late now and I 've already booked, I guessed it would be busy but really don't have an alternative as I can't take my daughter out of school (local education policy, don't start me on it....). Anyway I have a few concerns and would like some helpful advice please.

1. If I book a character meal but then find the park is too busy and they've closed the gates... would they still let us in for the meal or let us reschedule or is it tough luck????

2. Are the really massive queues only just for the big rides and do the rides for smaller kids tend not to be as busy??? We're not really interested in the big roller coasters.

3. Should we avoid the parks on the bank holidays (Easter Sunday, Good Friday etc) and if so will the beaches be just as busy??? Any suggestions as to what we could do instead??? will the shops be open for instance???

Thanks in advance for good replies, please don't answer if you are going to crucify me for booking over Easter.

lin
England
Level Contributor
441 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

I have been reading this post and replies with great interest because we are hoping to go to Orlando at Easter 2006 - trouble is we are unable to make any firm bookings yet because my employer won;t confirm ny leave until the tnd of this month

I am worried about getting flights there are 6 of us 4 adults 1 x 6 years and 1 x 2 years

it seems the accomodation will be okay, but we will probably have to fly indirectly - maybe even to Tampa in order to all fly together - still we'll see what happens

many years ago about 10 we went at Easter and it wasn't too bad like you we had to do school holidays - and this year it's our grandchilds school holiday

still I can't wait to see their faces also my son and his wife they ve never been either

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,873 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

Lin, don't worry about flying into Tampa. You will probably need to rent a car however as it will probably be more economical than other transportation. Also give your self ample time on the return to Tampa as traffic on I 4 can be unpredictable. With good traffic only about an hour away. I've also used Jacksonville but its farther.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

Have you not tried the charter airlines flying int Sanford Orlando. one stops / two stops are always long days.

With 3 hour checkin's 9 hour flight. and between 2 and 6 hours between plane changes make it a long day. And the whole group of you could be shattered for the first two days.

Carter airlines may not be your first choice but they are a better option than indirect, And substantionaly cheaper.

Try Travel City Direct/Cheapest flights. I would doubt if they would be booked up at this stage. Chareter airlines also have the ability of putting extra flights on if there is a large demand, not so schedual airlines.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
748 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

PS the above post was meant for Lin.

Medford, OR
13 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

We had fun at Universal Studios Florida, but our 4 yr old did get bored. There were some great rides (The Mummy and the Terminator show are both awesome), but there were also some disappointing attractions (Back to the Future, Jaws, Twister, and Earthquake were all a bit disappointing) I've heard IOA is great for thrill rides, so we might try that next year for our 10 and 7 yr olds.

With young kids, Universal can be fun, but personally, I think the Disney parks have more to offer.

I wouldn't split up at MK, to me that would defeat the whole purpose of a family vacation. You can do a baby swap for the rides that your youngest is too small for, but there are also a lot of attractions that every age will enjoy.

Cheshire,UK
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
26. Re: This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

Thanks for the tip Rono, will see you there then.... Was wondering if SeaWorld would be good for that day but nice lazy day in the water park sounds pretty good.......

Also agree with the last poster, splitting up sort of defeats the family holiday, think we'll go for early start, break off in the afternoon for a snooze/swim at the hotel then maybe back to the parks in the evening for food , fireworks etc...

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: This idiot has already booked for Easter next year - advice...

Just been reading this post and planning an Easter trip too (1st time).

Can anyone advise what dates to avoid and when American children are on hols?

Thanks