We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

queing in parks

UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
queing in parks

just reading about crowds in spring,i know this might sound daft but do you always have to que for everything all year, we're going on 30th sept-14th oct, or is it just more bigger and popular things

Derbyshire. UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: queing in parks

check out www.touringplans.com

They give estimated crowd levels and waiting times for all the main theme parks based on figures from previous years and known forthcoming events.

I have only ever been to Florida in November, which is considered "low-season" and I didn't find waiting times to be too bad although obviously, the bigger, more popular rides have the longest queues!

Derbyshire. UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: queing in parks

P.S

If you do use touringplans, you need to select "crowd blog" from the homepage to get the info you're after. They also give you some great itinerary suggestions!

Hopr this helps, Alison

UK
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: queing in parks

Choose the rides you really want to go on before you go. We've been different times of the year and seen queues of up to 90 minutes.Get a fast pass from Disney or Universal. If you get to the park early get a fast pass then go on another ride while you are waiting for the time on the fast pass to come round. the passes do run out as the day goes on. Go on the popular rides as soon as you get there. You may manage two goes this way. Sometimes the machines at Universal are not working till about 10am. Have an early or late lunch if you are planning to eat at the parks as the queues build up quickly after 12am.

Essex England
Level Contributor
322 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: queing in parks

We have been twice in low season (November/early December) and most rides only had a 5-10 minute wait. A lot of the rides we were able to just walk on and sometimes ride 5 or 6 times in a row. The maximum we queued mid week was 25 minutes. I would definately avoid weekends though. We arrived at MK one saturday, saw the queue for Splash Mountain was 1 1/2 hours and just walked straight back out again and returned early evening to watch Spectromagic and the fireworks! Next year we are planning on going in the middle of Sept as the crowds are supposedly equally as low at that time of you.