We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

new york
11 posts
Save Topic
Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

It will be my boyfriend's and I first time visiting Universal Studios and WDW. We're both 22 yrs old and it will only be us two traveling. Should we take our camcorder and/or cameras with us at the parks? or is it too much of a hassle?

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
477 reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
189 reviews
from $128.99*
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
131 reviews
from $118.99*
Special Offer
Coca-Cola Orlando Eye, Madame...
14 reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
IL
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

charismaticxchic,

Definitely! There will be many Kodak moments. It's always great to have pictures from all your travel adventures throughout your life. You'll be glad you did!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
112 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

I would take the camcorder to Disney World the first day and see how much you like having it with you. Personally, I like to travel as light as possible at the parks. Especially at a park like Universal Studios Islands of Adventure, where a lot of the rides can get you very wet -- it makes it less fun to have to worry about keeping your things dry. Or on roller coaster where you have to worry about holding on to all your stuff. Of course there are always lockers, but that costs money and takes time to deal with. But it's true that there will be a lot of neat things to film...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

If it is your first time, then I would definatley bring them. For me a camera is a must on all trips.

Ottawa,Ontario
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

To me, camcorders are for action shots. If you are both on a ride, you are not taping and you have to worry about someone stealing it. The only thing would be the shows and parades. I think bring a still camera and you can still take tonnes of pictures and carry it in a fanny pack.

Lake Jackson, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

I am bringing my camcorder, but it is a very small one. I bought a small padded purse-like carrier for it at Walmart for less than $10.00. I would recommend this protection-it will get bumped around at least a little bit and may get splashed, depending upon what you ride. It will make it a whole lot easier to haul around, too. My still camera fits in the bag along with the camcorder so I can choose which to use.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

I say YES to both!! I know sometimes it's sort of a pain to carry around, but I remember that it's worth having at the end to go back and look at. Also, next time, I plan to bring a water proof disposable camera for the water parks because we ended up bringing our regular camera and video camera to Blizzards Beach, but just placed them in the locker at the front of the park and never got back to take footage (until the end when we were leaving right outside the entrance).

Bath, UK
Level Contributor
142 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

As a first-timer, it is worth trying to get a decent-sized bum-bag/fanny pack for round your waist as you can't take bags and rucksacks on the bigger rides and roller-coasters and have to go to the lockers. Make sure your camera and cam-corder can fit in that. Camcorder not so important but camera is a MUST! You can also download the memory onto CD in the big Kodak photoshop in Magic Kingdom - Main Street USA.

scotland
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

HI, you must take a camera with you but I would suggest that you don't bother with the camcorder. The photos will tell enough of the story and you don't want bogged down with too much clutter! Keep yourself as light as possible-Don't want to be tired from carrying too much!!! Enjoy ;-)

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,317 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

We have a small one hand digital camcorder that does movies and stills. We always "make a movie" and try to stage some things and introduce a little comedy. Watching it is the first thing we do when we get home and its the closest thing to going right back on vacation, and reminds you of the earlier parts of your trip that you may have already forgotten.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
608 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bring camcorder to parks? Yes or No?

We are seasoned Disney travellers and we always take the camcorder but only use it a couple of days while there. It is a great way to capture the sights and sounds of Disney and Universal! Go crazy recording for a couple of days then leave it at the Hotel and take your digital or small camera! Have Fun!!