We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! Advice Needed!

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
Help! Advice Needed!

Hey,

My wife (to be) and I have booked our honeymoon in Orlando in October this year. We've got 2 weeks at Disney's Caribbean Beach. However, I've been monitoring the reviews for this hotel and they've been somewhat of a mixed bag; from very good to very bad. I'm now considering maybe changing resorts to either Port Orleans French quarter or paying a bit extra and going for a deluxe. Can anyone offer any advice; have you been there is it as bad as people make out? And if I were to change where would you suggest?

Many thanks in advance!

Liverpool England
Level Contributor
824 posts
1 review
1. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

You need partypa, kat cubs fan or amanx.

They will give you good advice on Disney hotels.

I am sure other TA's will give you invaluable advice.

Have a great time what ever you decide.

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,100 posts
96 reviews
2. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

The rooms at Carribean Beach Resort are slowly being renovated and they are the largest rooms of any moderate resort at Disney (340 sq. ft.). I've never personally stayed at CBR, but with the new rooms and the new pool they just opened, I don't think you can go wrong with it if that's truly where you want to stay.

As for Port Orleans, I prefer Riverside over French Quarter, but that's just my personal taste. I'm not a big fan of New Orleans decor, so French Quarter is less appealing for me, but it's a much smaller resort than Riverside.

P.O. Riverside is my favorite moderate resort, especially the Alligator Bayou section. The garden-like feel of this resort and the flavor of the "Old South" makes me feel at home there.

As with anything, you get what you pay for, and if you want more, then move up to a deluxe resort, as Disney has some wonderful ones to choose from. However, if you want a lower budget for lodging, but still have a nice resort, the moderate resorts will do you just fine.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

Thanks for your help. I was just looking for some assurance that the CBR wasn't as bad as people make out in their reviews. I don't suppose there is anyway of ensuring we get a newly renovated room?

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
44,100 posts
96 reviews
4. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

Well, if you book one of the new "Pirates of the Carribean" themed rooms for extra $, you will be guaranteed to get one of the newly refurbished rooms.

I think the renovations to all the buildings will be done by October, so you should get a great room regardless. I think they are doing all the other buildings in the "Finding Nemo" theme.

uk
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

Hi did you book direct with disney, if so contact them and let them know about your concerns ie the review, let them know that it is your honeymoon , and request one of the newly done rooms, it can't hurt to try

Milton Keynes, Bucks
Level Contributor
254 posts
1 review
6. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

We stayed in the Caribbean Beach Hotel in 2003 and 2007. In our opinion there was absoltely nothing wrong with it and we had a wonderful time on both occasions.

The only reason we are not going back there this year is that we are a family of 4 and as the kids are getting much bigger we felt that we needed a different type of accomodation.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

Thanks for the responses.

We booked through Thomas Cook Travel agent and I think they put a note on our details about it being a honeymoon.

If all the refurbs are done by october then we'll probably stick with the CBR.

Thanks again.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,835 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

For a honeymoon, I would choose Coronado Springs or Port Orleans French Quarter. These are quieter resorts, fewer children, beautiful & romantic grounds. You will have a wonderful time, whatever you choose!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,048 posts
111 reviews
9. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

I have stayed at both POR and CBR, I have visited Coronado and POFQ. I would pick POR or Coronado for a honeymoon.

POR is beautiful for walks and has a very romantic feel.

Coronado has a more adult feel with a spa and nightclub.

CBR is also beautiful but usually attracts a lot of with young children.

POFQ is also nice but not as romantic, but smaller then other resorts.

2 weeks is alot to pay to upgrade to a deluxe in my opinion.

Cymru
Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
10. Re: Help! Advice Needed!

Stayed at the CBR in 2006 & 2007 found rooms were very good, slightly bigger than average, clean and the staff are great. Does have a lot of kids on resort as you would expect.

Only tip is do not eat at Shutters. Worst food we have eaten anywhere in Orlando in the last 13 years.

Enjoyed the CBR very much, new pool looks great, only reason why we are not going back this year is the kids ages.

Staying at Saratoga Springs for the extra room.