We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

Hi All,

I have been searching for car hire for our April trip, we need 2 standard cars, and a 7 seater... the company,s are very confusing!!!

What we want is a company that we can pre book and pay in full from the UK, with an all in price of extra drivers, tank of fuel, and all insurances that are necessary..we just want to get off the plane and collect the cars from the airport without all the hassle of being talked into all the extras they offer..

Has anyone any suggestions of company,s to use??

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

Book through a UK-based website that offers a fully inclusive package. All of these are good places to try. I have used them all on different trips depending on which gave me the best price at that time. They are all reputable and they include all the taxes, insurance and fees you need:

www.carhire3000.com

www.airlinenetwork.co.uk

www.yescarhire.com

www.purelycarhire.co.uk

www.allstatescarhire.com

Have fun.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

Thanks so much for the quick response...

I will have a look at the websites.. Do you think it is worth giving them a call as we need 2 intermeddiate cars and a 7 seather,as i was wondering if i could get any discount on these....

thanks...

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,862 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

For extra drivers and tank of fuel, ask for a Gold or Platinum package. All these firms mainly use alamo and Dollar and it is Gold for Alamo, Platinum for Dollar.

Would suggest all three vehicles have a min of 2 drivers each in a large group for max flexibility

Windsor UK
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

The only other one i use to the above list is uscarhire.

They may call their inclusive packages by difference names some call it Gold while another may call it platinum.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice, yes we agree we need to have all drivers named....

i will certainly be doing some searching tonight...as we need to get these booked...

thanks

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,591 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

www.dollar.co.uk

is the one I always use.

Makes me feel a bit better to be able to rent directly from Dollar UK than an go-between company.

UK
Level Contributor
443 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

I always use www.holidayautos.co.uk, all insurance is prepaid and if you upgrade to the max you get a tank of petrol and an extra driver. Their website is easy to navigate or you can call them direct.

Worksop, United...
Level Contributor
665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

We have used www.holiday autos.co.uk.

Agree with everyone else make sure you have Gold/Platinum cover which includes a fuel tank of fuel.

So nothing to pay.

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

http://www.usrentacar.co.uk/

Hampshire
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire , with nothing to pay on arrival!!!!!!

We've used the two following companies on many occasions and have never had to pay anything extra on collecting (usually from Miami airport however and not Orlando so I'm not sure on their airport taxes).

http://www.uscarhire.co.uk/

http://www.floridacarhire.com/

We have tried both and prefer uscarhire as you can choose which company from about 4. All fees, taxes etc are included and if you choose the gold package so are unlimited (or 4) extra drivers and a tank of fuel.

With uscarhire you are also protected in case of further pound/dollar drops. What you see in your quote is the final price you will pay. They take a £25 deposit and the rest due 8 weeks before travel.

The other benefit we found was that you can drop off at a different depot/city without any extra charges if you needed to. A lot of companies charge for one way rentals.

We've just booked a 7 day convertible fully inc of all taxes/charges/unlimited drivers and fuel, collecting from Miami and dropping off in Key West for £209 in June. We're happy!