We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

Have just had a call from a salesman at the above company offering me deals that frankly seem too good to be true. Have googled and found their website but if, as he says, they have booked over 5 million people on holiday I was hoping that one of you may have some experience of the company or indeed travelled with them.

They have offices in Spain, London and Orlando. He reckons he has a family booked for 2 weeks this year (no date specified) LGW - MCO, 1 week at Radisson and 1 week at Marriot, Half Board, 2 adults, 1 x 16 and 1 x 14 for a price of £1620.00 !!!!!!!!!

Surely too good to be true?

Not the sort of person to be conned but if you have any info I would appreciate it.

I have already booked for Feb 2010 with Virgin at a price of £4100 for a similar family.

Thanks

Sx

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
510 Reviews
from $54.99*
$59.00
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: Icon Orlando...
21 Reviews
from $51.99*
$87.87
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
155 Reviews
from $118.99*
ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

never heard of them ,but if it sounds to good to be true it usually is. did you ask how they got your details ie phne number

Wales
Level Contributor
919 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

hiya

this will be my third trip to orlando this year, so im not an expert at all, but do the hotels do half board?? just thought it wasnt the type of location where half board is commonlly offered. usually sefl catering or RO...i could be completely wrong of course!

isle of wight
Level Contributor
8,843 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

Sure it wasnt EMU holidays :)

kent
Level Contributor
106 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

well I done a google and it appears they are part of TUI travel,who I think are a german company who own thompsons

www.tuitravelplc.com/tuitravel/structure/

Newcastle, UK
Level Contributor
97 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

mmmmm....... they got our details because we used to own a timeshare or two and it seems to be a points type based set up. Am extremely cautious with this sort of thing but was quoted so many good prices i almost got excited and booked!! Still, having looked around further it would appear that all is not as it seems (can't go further on public forum)which is not really a surprise to me.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond, as I said am already booked with Virgin for next year (blimey thats ages :( ) but still on a high from December trip.

Sx

huddersfield
Level Contributor
5 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

Hi there, I have just had a sales pitch from ANU, they have quoted me 4/5 star accom for 4 people, 2 bed 2 bath in Bodrum, Turkey, 6th July for 14 nites.

price of 1640, that includes half board!,is it possible to give me more details by reply, or if not ring me on 07931 758409.my name is alan berry from huddersfield. It does seem a great offer, but we like you used to own 2 timeshares, but sold them. we are always cautious but this is tempting!!!!!!!!!!!

Many Thanks

Alan Berry ( The Ref )

Bielefeld, Germany
Level Contributor
85 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

Alan, you say you are always cautious!?! Why on earth would you post your complete telephone number in an open forum??

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

ANU points holidays – warning!!

ANU PROVIDES LOW QUALITY AND DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS CUSTOMERS.

My wife and I signed on a trial year with ANU points a few months ago. What they were offering seemed a good deal, flexible in terms of length of holidays, type of accommodation and locations. I checked on review sites like these, and while some people were wary I didn’t have reason to regret signing up. I do now, and I need to warn others to steer well clear.

Our first attempt to use the points system resulted in an offer we could refuse. We wanted to make a brief stay in Brighton UK but as this was not a holiday as such we just wanted something fairly basic. We were told that ANU never used anything “less than 3 star” and we declined what was offered. Still it sounded sort of encouraging for the next time when we would book a “proper” holiday.

That was to be a gift to our daughter, son-in-law and 7 year old granddaughter. After a short time, we were offered a place at Ilfracombe Holiday Park, in an apartment which was to have one bedroom and sleeping accommodation in the lounge. 2 bedrooms would have been preferable but my daughter and her family accepted this arrangement. Our ANU contact emailed some photos which showed modern, well-furnished, well-equipped and clean accommodation. The reality was painfully different. When the family arrived, they were given a studio apartment with no separate bedroom – totally impractical for them. When they objected to the Holiday Park staff, it became apparent that ANU had not made the booking themselves but via a third party, namely Hoseasons. Following this trail back proved impossible but the Holiday Park staff very helpfully found them another apartment with a separate bedroom. That was the only good thing about it – it was dirty, poorly equipped and had ants in the bedroom. So much for three star!!!!

But worse was to come. Naturally upset that the holiday we had bought for our family had fallen so far short of expectations, I wrote a courteous letter to ANU listing the concerns, and asking for an appropriate response. At first I was puzzled that I got no answer, and followed this up, with a total of 5 emails and 5 phone calls (or rather attempted phone calls via a system designed to be an obstacle to communication). My tone became increasingly frustrated as – other than a copy of a forwarding of one of my messages – I received not even the courtesy of an acknowledgement. Despite ample opportunity to show a different face, ANU quite simply ignored this customer.

I am now in the group of “I wish someone had told me.” I am therefore telling anyone else out there – keep well clear.

london
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

I had a call from ANU too and they offered me much of a deal. To hear this for the first time, I thought its too good to be true, I asked for couple of days to think about it. In the meantime, I searched on the net and I came across very litlle to be cautious about so I got enrolled. About a month later I went to turkey with my family. Although, I wasn't expecting much out of that holiday as I was trying out their deal and checking their service only. To be really honest, I had no complaint and the service was no where questionable.

Post my alright experience I bought more of the packs from them, so far no problem. I wouldn't say I am a very regular with ANU but not so untouched either

10. Re: Ever heard of ANU Holidays????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 27, 2010