We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

xmas trip report

jamesville ny
Level Contributor
5,673 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
xmas trip report

We left syracue ny in a snow storm and arrived in orlando at 1 am and stayed overnight at the Hyatt a great treat. Next day arrived at our villa at Lindfiels and fell in love with it. I was all decorated for xmas and the warm weather and the heated pool I felt like I was in heaven. We have been to to Wdw many times at xmas and it seems thiswas the first year in many that we had perfect weather every day. I didn't want to leave the villa. We hung out at the pool during day and went out at night. We had dinner at the Crystal Palace and it was alot of fun and the food was good. We didn't go far into the park stayed near the Castle and wait for the parade and fireworks. We have visited the MK many times so it wasn't important to go on rides. We just wanted the spirit of xmas and it was wonderful. Yes the parks are very crowded and if you are staying on site just get there early in the morning. We had dinner at the Whispering Caynon and it was great as usual. Being all adults they sat us in a back room that opened up to the lobby and it was so pretty. We had dinner at O'hanas and we got a nice table facing the castle. I love their food and the bread pudding was out of this work. We also stopped by Epcot to see Illuminations and I always get a chill up my spine and tears in my eas when I see it. Got a chance to get over to HS to see Osbourne lights. You just can't beat that. We ate at Prime Time, it was fun and we walked around. Lines too long for any rides. We tried to get over to Celebration to eat and ride around and see the decorated home but had no luck. We got into celebeation and saw a italian restaurant called Angelina's and a sea food restaurant called Joe' something or other. We were looking for Market Street & D'Antonio's restaurant and stay for the snow fall at 9pm. No Luck! I asked people in a 7-11 and they were little help. We were coming off 192 and turnede at the Water Tower. We left and ate at Pacino's across from Old Town. The food was very goodOur las night we went to city walk and enjoyed it very much. We ate at a Italian restaurant becuase we didn't have to wait and we had a very nice dinner I havn't been to Universal in yrs. We will be going back on our next trip. FYI they are building a Target and Olie Garden in 192m my guess it will be open by spring. We had a great vacation and are now planning out xmas trip for 09. We want the sane villa. I may have mentioned this in another post the owners were great left us a xmas gift basket and a late check out. If you want a Club House and a community pool Lindfild is not for you. We were just minutes from shopping and WDW.

pa
Level Contributor
55,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: xmas trip report

Sounds like a relaxing Holiday during the busiest time of the year, Lovely :)

It's great when you find something you want to keep going back to. Glad it was a good Christmas for you, nice of the owners to leave the Gift Basket

Pleasant View...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: xmas trip report

I love it when someone has such a good trip that they start planning the next one immediately! Sounds great; thanks for sharing.

3. Re: xmas trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 12, 2009