We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

dublin ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

We are travelling to orlando Jan/feb & plan to do some shopping whilst there. I was hoping to find some shops that cater for the larger size lady. Here in Ireland we have Evans,Ann Harvey & M&S to some degree. I would like to find the names of the shops in the Orlando outlets/malls that I could head to...sized UK/Irl 22-24.I would also like to know these corresponding sizes in American sizes if anyone can help me.

Many thanks in advance Lesha

Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

Im not sure of the name of the shops, but in places like Maceys etc., look for the "women" section which is for larger sizes.I think Anne Taylor maybe one store.

I have to admit though most of the clothes i look at are a little on the frumpy side.

Caz Essex X

space coast, fl
Level Contributor
1,171 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

"Fashion Bug" I think they may still be around. There was one at Waterford Lakes.

Alpharetta, Georgia
Level Contributor
439 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

Ann Taylor doesn't carry sizes above 16-18. Lane Bryant is a larger size specialty store, they carry clothes,under wear, bras,etc. All the dept. stores have a larger sizes section, look for the Womens dept. You would be a 20-22 over here. Happy shopping!

Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
11,373 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

Hi Lesha,

Have a look at Lane Bryant. You can google and see their clothes. Thee are 3 stores in Orlando. They often have good sales,and the clothes range from classic styles,to "what's goin on now." My only complaint with them is that they don't carry as many natural fabrics as I would like,but great for jeans and t-shirts. Have a nice trip!!

dublin ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

Many thanks for the prompt replies, will suss out that store and any other suggestions.

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

I get lots of basics from Walmart, t-shirts etc are great. You can look on their website before you go and get some ideas of what they have

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
643 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

Hi

There's a great shop at the Mall of Mallenia called Talbots, it's near to Macy's. The sizes there go up to about 30 UK I think, so you'll be fine. They often have a sale rail which has some really good bargains!

Do be careful when washing anything from there though as they shrink very easily if you wash at 40, you must wash them on a cool wash!

It's a lovely shopping centre there, if you want to eat I'd recommend "The Cheesecake Factory" - but I've been told the Italian place opposite that one is also very good, we never got to try it though!

Have fun shopping!

Tonbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

Hi

Try Torrid at the Florida Mall - I am a size bigger than you and the stuff fits me fine.

Lane Bryant are good but like Evans they can go all "sequin and Polyester" on you sometimes.

Walmart do some good stuff but it doesn't last very long cos it s cheap but the jim jam bottoms are great!!!

Also Old Navy size XXL does fit me depending on the cut and material and their stuff is funky and cheap but well made.

You will feel like twiggy out there!!

Di

PS - for all those anti-fatty posters out there - I do fit in one airline seat ;-)

Wayne, New Jersey
Level Contributor
706 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

I've seen Plus sized clothes as Beall's discount/outlet stores.

I love that place! But you got to look for the good stuff.

dublin ireland
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Plus size clothes shopping Orlando

Girlies thanks for all replies, as usual TA comes through...himself is in for a bit of a shock me thinks!!!